1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

just found a weirdly powerful randomly gen'd sword

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tomatomodest, Aug 25, 2017.

1. tomatomodest

tomatomodest Intergalactic Tourist

the rotik planetsword, a randomly generated generic broadsword, does more base damage than the fixed protectorate sword. (34.7 base damage vs 32 base damage)

i just find it weird that it's technically possible to get such a powerful sword at almost any point in gameplay. i got the sword on a volcanic planet while i was prepping for the baron's keep, but if you have the proper equipment it could be possible to get it much earlier in the game.

maybe this is a really rare occurrence and i just got really lucky, maybe it's a glitch, i don't know.

2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think this is a glitch just amazing luck, so good job to you. Since the random number generator made for me a rocket launcher for me that has 50.1 base damage which is only 2.1 points under the "Ex Machina" I am guessing that randomly generated weapons of such high power are not a glitch.

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

You just got a high roll.

I don't know about a rocket launcher that's a glitch, but a Glitch that's a rocket launcher? That'd be cool. "Enraged. DIE DIE DIE DIE"

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

You just got a higher tiered weapon than usual
    I mean, most RNG weapons of the game ou can find are from tier 1 to tier 6
    Ya might have found a tier7 or 8 sword, or sommfink

But trust me, this is nothing compared to what you could find, way back in the beta x)

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Nope, that is impossible.

The game used different scaling and mechanics back then. Comparing those weapons to now is an unfair comparison. Its like comparing the power of a tank gun vs tank armor and a butter knife vs cold butter. Sure, the tank gun is arguable more powerful than a butter knife, but you aren't shooting a cold stick of butter with a tank gun.