Just another suggestion post

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by caraamon, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. caraamon

caraamon Space Hobo

So I thought I'd toss up some quality of life and just plain fun ideas that I had. I'm sure many, if not all, of these already have been suggested, but I didn't see them on a casual check of the last posts. So here goes in no particular order:
    • The ability to change inventory loading behavior. I'd like to be able to choose that when new items are picked up, they're added from the bottom left slot and move left then up. This would let me control my quick slot choices better.
    • An item that you can place on your farm that would let you access the buildings moving functions.
    • When you use an unstackable furniture or equipment item from your quick bar, it is replaced by the last copy of it in your inventory. For example, if I use a tapper on a tree, then it would pull the last tapper from my inventory, and move it to the emptied slot. This would make tappers, kegs, casks, etc. much easier to mass place, without having to either empty most of my quick slot bars, or constantly have to enter the inventory screen to move things to the slots.
      • Maybe even figure out a way to allow auto-creation of the used item, though this could cause some annoying behavior if done wrong.
    • A way to move chests without having to empty them first. I'd be more specific, but I can't think of a way to do it without basically providing free inventory space, but I have confidence someone else can. Maybe limit it to the farm zone only?
    • No or less energy used if tool doesn't work. If I whack a tree accidentally with a pick, it would be nice if it didn't cost as much as a useful swing.
    • Either make it so gates don't allow animals through when open. If I wanted a hole animals could walk through, I would have left the tile empty, and I find constantly having to toggle the gates to pass through annoying.
      • Maybe just create a gate item that automatically opens and closes when the player gets near. Or both!
    • Items and foods that you haven't created at least once would have a slightly different colored background on their crafting interface, to make it easier to track for achievements.
    • Make it so the tapper product bubble can be see through trees placed in front of it. It's annoying to have to walk through my tapper forest before I can tell whether there's anything to collect or not.
    • A way to get giant mushroom "seeds" or to move existing giant mushrooms. The chaotic mess that is my mushroom forest offends my sense of order.
    • It's been better described in other posts, but I'm in favor of being able to romantically match up NPCs that you don't marry. I feel bad for Clint!
    • An item you could put over a non-seeded but hoed tiles that would protect it from degrading. Considering the amount of work that needs to be fitted into the first day of a season in a large farm, it would be nice if at least some of the area could be hoed, watered, and/or fertilized, then covered with something like a tarp on the last day(s) of the previous season.
    • Fighting from a horse and somewhere besides the hidden forest where it could be done. Because.
    • An easy way to remove hay from the silo. I know it can be done with a coop or barn without an auto-feeder, but it irritates me to have to keep a non-maxed building around taking up space.
    • A way to repair broken fences without having to replace them outright. It would be nice to able to just somehow interact with them and it would just rebuild them without having to enter the crafting menu. I don't care if the cost is the same.
    • Allow the recycling machines or something else to recoup some of the materials from crafted items. For example, I laid down a huge amount of cobblestone paths early on, but eventually decided I preferred the look of stone and crystal paths. Now I've got several hundred cobblestone paths that I either have to trash or store on the off chance I might some day decide to use. I'd feel better if I could toss them in a machine and get some stone back out, even at a reduced rate.
    • Allow cooking at the campfire and/or brazier items. It's just something that sounds fun.
    • Change the iridium hoe and watering can to have their zone by 5x5 to match the iridium sprinkler. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't imagine why I would want or need a 6x3 zone when all of my farming is based around the size of sprinklers.
    • Either boost the amount of panning events or find another use for the pan, because for me, it doesn't really seem worth carrying around.
    • Have an auto-grabber version for the coop and/or slime hutch.
    Despite this list, I also want to say this game surprised me in a very wonderful way. When I got it as a gift from my girlfriend, I (the self-proclaimed "hardcore" RPG player) expected to play for a bit to humor her and then find an excuse to quit. It's now 200+ hours later and I'm still enjoying it. So kudos!