RELEASED Just Another Music Mod

Discussion in 'Music/SFX' started by Davi., Apr 6, 2016.

1. Davi.

Davi. Scruffy Nerf-Herder

JAMM
    (Just another music mod)

Description

This mod adds music to ambient tracks, effectively removing much of the silence of the game (still includes actual ambient sounds), very similarly to Drogean's More Music mod. However, his mod, while good in its own way, was not completely to my liking. I wanted to make something a little more subtle and gradual, and while I was at it, I changed most of the music to music that more fit my tastes. Included are tracks from various sources:

Spring (Daytime) - Dog, by C418 (Minecraft composer)
    Spring (Nighttime) - Yearnings of the Wind (from Chrono Trigger), by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra
    Summer (Daytime) - Jolly Ol' Spekkio (also Chrono Trigger), by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra
    Fall (Daytime) - Emergence, by Simon Swerwer (made for dwarf fortress)
    Winter (Daytime) - Peaceful Waters, by Jeremy Soule (from morrowind)
    Beach - Cuggan's Cove, also by Simon Swerwer
    Ice section of mines - Light of Silence (Chrono Trigger), by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra
    Raining - strad (white music disc in minecraft), by C418

This mod is based off of Drogean's, and I have left the following tracks just as he had them:
    Upper mines - Ruins, by Toby Fox (from Undertale)
    Lower mines - I am not sure where this song is sourced from.

Lastly, I have changed one song from the original game. The song that plays during the Stardew Valley Fair was replaced with:
    Guardia's Millennial Fair

Download
    http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/269/?

Installation

Step 1 - (optional) Back up "[Stardew valley dir]/Content/XACT/Wave Bank.xwb"
    Step 2 - Download my mod and place the "Wave Bank.xwb" contained within into "[Stardew valley dir]/Content/XACT", overwriting the one found there.
    Step 3 - Enjoy!

Final Thoughts

I will NOT be doing requests. If you would like to use your own particular music for whatever, please follow Drogean's instructions on how to do so. That said, I will consider the following suggestions:
    • A different track for the raining ambient music (I am not completely sold on strad)
    • More replacements for vanilla music (unlikely, I really like most of the original music, but still possible)

Of course, bug reports (and volume issues) are welcome and appreciated and I will do my best to resolve them.

Special thanks

Concerned Ape, of course, for creating this awesome game.
    C418, Simon Swerwer, Jeremy Soule, and The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra, whose music I have used to make this mod.
    Drogean, for his great mod and even better instructions on how to do so yourself.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
      Schlaechter, TheRingisHot and Drogean like this.
    • SolsKing

SolsKing Space Spelunker

Nice job! I've fallen in love with The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra now!

• TheRingisHot

TheRingisHot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice tracks indeed

• Schlaechter

Schlaechter Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to say thank you! Your mod is one of my favourites, I just love it when there is always some tune playing in the background. You made the best selection of songs. Love it!

• DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Since you added a song from Morrowind, you might consider adding a song from Skyrim as well:

• ayao

ayao Void-Bound Voyager

Damn...was hoping i can use this mod too bad its hidden...

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

The lower mines music is from Chrono Cross, titled "Dead Sea"...just in case you ever come back to this mod.

• Lunarous

Lunarous Big Damn Hero

I hope youre able to upload the file somewhere else I really wanna use it ! :nurumad: