1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Theory...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by unique username plz, Mar 1, 2018.

1. unique username plz

unique username plz Void-Bound Voyager

I've been thinking about the Ruin.

Firstly, how did it destroy Earth if it was sealed away?
    My theory is that the Cultists actually found a way to open a temporary hole in the seal, just enough to get a person in, or a piece of the Ruin out. Think it's possible for a shard of the Ruin to grow and overtake a planet?

The second thing is about the holograms at the Ark.

[​IMG]

This one specifically.
    Now, when the player reaches the Ruin, it is very clearly a sphere, with its eye at the center.
    But the hologram shows its eye emerging from an open conic structure.

The explanation?

The Ruin can open up its entire planetoid body in order to engulf a planet.

Attached Files:

D.M.G. likes this.
  2. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

about the eye thing, this image is pretty old anyway, and it mightve been old design with a huge eye outside. you xan see it on the statue too. i like your theory though.

3. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Asra Nox. You see her when you battle The Ruin so it makes sense that she was the one who was able to get inside of it, to have it attack Earth.

My question is though, she says The Ruin will make a world for just humans. But humans originated from Earth...seems kind of contradictory doesn't it? Maybe it was unintended?

ManaUser likes this.
  4. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Occasus cared little for Earth. It housed the Protectorate, which stood for everything they despised. Humans on Earth accepted aliens of all sorts, aliens that the cultists couldn't stand. While I'm sure some of the cultists lamented the fact that Earth "had to" be destroyed, it was a "lost cause" for them - the Protectorate and all the aliens "infesting" it would never just go away.

The Occasus knew that the Ruin would cause chaos and destruction. They had simply believed that they would be able to thrive in such chaos and destruction. That the old order would be destroyed, and that under their lead, humanity would go through a crucible and emerge stronger from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
  5. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The plot basically amounts to the Ark being a Leaking Can of Evil. In other words, it's weakening, which allows it to partly escape.