Modding Help Just a minor question.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by tre288, Dec 11, 2013.

1. tre288

tre288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if modding is the right place for it, but it feels the most appropriate to me.

I'm just curious as to whether or not there is something I can do, some sort of file I can access and change to force change a created characters appearance. I have a character created but lets say I wanted to change their hair colour. Is there a way to force change this, and if I did it would it show up for people I play with online as well or just myself?

2. WolfGang

WolfGang Phantasmal Quasar

(steam apps common folder)/starbound/players/

find the *.player file for your character (can open in hex editor or decent text editor and read the name on the first line 'near' the start)

once got it, the only thing you can do atm is hex edit it with trial and error. Unless you have the programming knowledge to load it up in your own program.

nobody has released a character editor yet, and its slightly unlikely for people to be particularly willing to make one at this early stage in the game, where the save format isn't quite set in stone yet.

3. tre288

tre288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So if I made a dummy character with what I wanted, I could check the values of that character and input them onto the one I want as a simple way of trying to figure it out, yes?