Just a couple questions - Solved

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Mylestone, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Mylestone

Mylestone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi everyone, I have just a few questions about XNB modding.

I've successfully made a few map mods but am finding myself stumped with 2 particular issues

The first is how do I add things such as Hardwood Treestumps to make a believable expanded woods mod. Or for the casks in the basement etc. I've searched high and low for what I would think to be reference files and found some that may be considered as such in the Data/Events folder, but when I add new values along with the pre-existing ones, the new value entries do not show up.

Second would be the watering can element. I made a greenhouse mod but I cannot figure out how to get the troughs to refill my watering can.

Any help on these 2 subjects will help me go a long way with modding, since I understand all the other basic fundamentals from using programs such as RPG maker.

Thanks in advance.

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Mylestone

I would like to note that I have read the list of commands, applied the proper command to the desired tile, repacked, and replaced the xnb, and it still does not act as the commands describe.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Both hardwood stumps and casks are hardcoded into the EXE, as such, only a SMAPI mod can attempt to mess with that, XNB mods cannot.

• Mylestone

Tat's what I was afraid of. I found the map files the events folder that made me believe the Hardwood Stumps were not hard coded. I've provided an image outlining the coordinates of the hardwood stumps in the custom properties of the map.

As for the Water Source, I still cannot figure it out.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That value can be edited to change where the stumps spawn and how many, but it only works for the Woods map - that is the hardcoded part, no other map can have stumps spawn like that.

Edit: After looking into the code, I think your problem with that is that you tried `x y x y x y`, but the game is using `x y z x y z`, every 3 numbers are a "set", I dont see what (if anything) the game uses the `z` value for, but it is a explicitly separate value.

• Mylestone

Based on what I see, the 3rd number represents the stump, as it is present as "3" for the z in all the "x y z x y z" settings. The other 2 numbers are the coordinates on the map. I followed the pattern as outlined in the woods.xnb found in the content/data/events folder as the woods.xnb found in content/maps does not include any spawn information.

• Mylestone

Now that I think about it, the 3rd number represented could represent the layer the object falls on.

• Mylestone

@Entoarox I've resolved both of these issues. Thank you for the help you provided.