RELEASED Junimo Dig Spots

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Seismothesaurus, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hate the original dig spots and how impossible they are to see in some seasons? Don't understand if they're worms or sticks or something else entirely? Junimos can help put that whole ordeal behind you! They'll twitch around on top of dig spots and disappear in a magic poof of most likely clay when you hoe the spot.

This mod provides a selection of five colours of Junimos to pick from - red, green, blue, purple, and super ultra flashing rainbow instability detected. Unfortunately the colours can't be randomized, so you just have to pick your favourite. The rainbow version uses one colour per pose, but as the frames aren't programmed to change evenly or smoothly, it can be a bit of an emotional journey to look at. However, it has the benefit of being extra eye-catching.

To use this mod, simply choose which colour Junimo you want and rename the file to Cursors.xnb, then back up and replace your Cursors.xnb file in your Content\LooseSprites folder. No SMAPI required. This mod is not compatible with any other mods that replace Cursors.xnb.

Known Issues:
    -Cursors.xnb may not load properly without correct capitalization, so check that first if there are problems.
    -No other known issues. Please let me know if you get any blood snow or other transparency/lighting oddities. I did fix them before release, but I could've missed something.

Changes in v1.1:
    -Fixed a snow transparency overlapping tile issue. (Thanks to @LuthienNightwolf for reporting it.)

Please grab this update if you downloaded 1.0!

Nexus Page

In action:
    Super Ultra Rainbow.gif
    (The white pixels are just a result of converting video and aren't in the game.)

A fine selection:
    Junimo Menu.png

(I hate to have to say this, but some people can't be trusted to respect the work the modding community does, so...
    WARNING: Do not download this mod from any place other than NexusMods or the Chucklefish forums! WWW.STARDEWVALLEYMODS.NET STEALS MODS AND UPLOADS THEM ON THEIR WEBSITE WITHOUT PERMISSION. DO NOT download any mods there! If you see my mods anywhere other than Nexus or the forums, please link me to the site ASAP. Thank you!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Just wanted to drop a screenshot. :) This was such a good idea for a mod, you can never have too many Junimo running around in your game. haha I picked blue since my pet alternates between red and green and one of my "children" is purple. It's a cold winter morning but this little guy really wants me to know there's some good stuff under the ground! haha

Junimo Dig Spot.png

Seismothesaurus likes this.
      • Seismothesaurus

Thanks, I'm glad it's useful! They're very excited. X3

I love your town paths, by the way. Just started adding my own here and there. Go, community improvement projects!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

I kinda feel bad, I had to destroy a bunch of the paths down next to the river because the slimes were getting out of control. I went through with a handful of red bombs and wiped them out but pulled a bunch of the path tiles up. I'm too lazy to put them back so I just left it. >u<

• LuthienNightwolf

Hey I found something you might want to fix with your mod, it's concerning the snow - not blood this time lol But there appears to be a transparency thing happening on one of the snow falling animation frames, you get sort of a tiling effect every so often. That's the best way I can describe it, if you have a farm that's in winter you might be able to see it.

• Seismothesaurus

Hmm, alright. I'll take a look at it tonight. I don't know much about the animation so hopefully I can fix it. Thanks for reporting.

• Seismothesaurus

20170712184807_1.jpg
                Okay, I think I caught it. I missed removing some background spots when I originally replaced the blood snow with an unbroken version from someone else's PNG. It's hard to see grayish white dots on a white and gray background. My eyes :wot:

Just wondering if you see any indication of what you saw here. It might be hard to tell from a still, but I watched it for a bit and didn't notice anything odd.

Edit: Okay, I've watched it a bit more and on different backgrounds and I feel pretty sure that I've caught everything, so I'm going to repost it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
                • LuthienNightwolf

I don't see it in the picture but I'll check the new file and see if you got it. If not I can grab a screenshot, soon as I have a snowy day.

• LuthienNightwolf

Okay I checked, looks like you fixed it! :up:

• Seismothesaurus

Whew! Thanks again.

• Exiom

Exiom Void-Bound Voyager

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

• Seismothesaurus

Thank you! :DD

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Using this in combination with More Artifact Spots (even with a fairly low setting) results in Junimo Invasion :D
                            Desert.png

• Seismothesaurus

:rofl: They're taking over!