Journey of the Prairie King

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurrelia, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

Okay I have played with Abby once and did horribly because I had no prep and the controls took em too long to figure out. Now post patch and knowing what I'm getting into I can't get her to let me play with her :( Is my timing wrong? Is my chance past and i'm stuck until another playthrough?

I was so hoping to be her BFF, playing games, and hanging out. :p

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Are you on a new save? Playing with Abby was her 2 heart event therefore it won't come again. Though I hope i can play with her when 1.1 comes out.

• Snurtsnurgle

Snurtsnurgle Star Wrangler

I did badly my self, I can't even get passed the first screen. My friend made it to the second screen on their first try :(........ I don't think you get another try since it's a heart event, but you can reset it in the save file though like it never happened. I just tested this, and it retriggered it, and I still really suck at this geeze, oh well lasted a little longer this time.

Just proceed with caution though if you try this since there are a lot of variables, and back up your save.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...-guide-for-solving-some-common-issues.110762/
        http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/eventsseen-id-and-events-not-triggering.109539/

spacecatherder likes this.
        • spacecatherder

spacecatherder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's actually a heart event meaning unless you revert to an old save before you did it, it's lost forever (with the obvious exception of save editing). If you want to torture yourself with the Prairie King game sans Abby, there is a arcade cabinet in the Saloon.

I barely got past it on my first try. I had to step away from the computer once the event was over because it was very tense. I was terrified that if I failed, Abby would get mad at me and say I was bad at video games. Honestly, that would be hilariously ironic if that's what she said if you fail.

Please tell me that's what she says.:V

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
            Jaed and CjBeats like this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

She pretty much just gives up if you fail at the game. Doesn't get mad at you, though.

I somehow won the game with Abby the very first time I tried it, the first time I got that heart event. Failed miserably every time since though xD
            I think I had a serious case of beginner's luck on my first save because I absolutely suck at that game.

spacecatherder and CjBeats like this.
            • CjBeats

The first time I rocked it. Had to impress the waifu. I think I'm decent at it so if i did it again I probably would do well again. (I say that and watch me fail miserably)

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I failed it as well, couldn't figure out the controls and never made it past the first screen. I haven't attempted to play it since, or Junimo Cart either. Too frustrating. lol

MrToni300 and CjBeats like this.
                • CjBeats

Junimo Cart is frustrating. I really want to beat it though. One day..

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm just not bothering with those arcade games... Not my type of games.
                    It's also the only two steam achievements I don't have, beat the Prairie King game and the hidden one beat it without dying. As if that's every happening xD

Manning and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                    • Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks guys! I wondered what the other people were talking about on the forums. I am not going to bother redoing the event, I had the mistaken idea that'd we'd play more often. Now I know.... and knowing is half the battle ;)

• Manning

Manning Aquatic Astronaut

Just FYI, there are no negative consequences from sucking miserably during Abby's heart event. She makes a teasing comment about how bad you are and that's it.

Aurrelia likes this.
                        • SterlingC

SterlingC 2.7182818284590...

The two heart event can be triggered only once. It took me a few tries just to get past the first screen as well. It's a hard game. In contrast, my sister has a really hard time fishing but got used to the darned Prairie Game...