1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

(Joke) Theory about captain noble

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sinaro 2, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sinaro 2

Sinaro 2 Void-Bound Voyager

Hear me out:
    outlaw ignoble is actually noble in disguise, because they're both novakids and have similar coloration.
    Hey, anything's possible!

(any help on where I should post joke threads would be greatly appreciated.)

Ankali and Sock_Bunny like this.
  2. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

LIES! ALL LIES! there's no way Captain Ignoble could possibly be the infamous Captain Noble! Are you saying that just because they're yellow?!

im reporting you to obama

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think it's quite obvious. He just testing us in the first case before we can go in to real crime-busting. That glasses aren't going to fool anybody. I am 90 percent sure that the Outlaw is the Captain himself.

Ankali and Sock_Bunny like this.
  4. Sock_Bunny

LIES! I won't believe such talk from you when there's overwhelming evidence that disproves your claim!

Where is the overwhelming evidence, you ask?
    Well, uh, I'd show you, but, uh, it'd bore you, so...

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

If you look at the facts I think you'll find that it is actually the player in disguise testing Captain Noble.

This one is Starbound related so here is fine. If you want to post general jokes use the general discussion forum in the social category.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  6. Sock_Bunny

Now, now, we all know the player never existed in the lore. Haven't you read the lore books, in particular the one titled "Kluex's Diary Entry 255"?

7. FernBlaze

FernBlaze Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah, but have you considered that the player was captain ignoble all along?
    'Tis but a game.

Kordharin and Sock_Bunny like this.
  8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Maybe you're Captain Ignoble! He could be anyone. Anyone! But not me.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  9. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Y'know… there was this whole comment chain that got ruined on YouTube because of a certain AAR-A002 c1rcut. I was a part of it, defending the idea that Ignoble was Noble.

Thanks to c1rcut, though, I have a new character that I haven't played yet. Normally I'd make a Human, and name him "Captain Badcobra"... but then c1rcut called me "Captain Dumbass". So there's that.

Before all that happened, I'd thought the two (Noble and Ignoble) were completely separate entities. And then it got me thinking. Them "Rowdy Peacekeepers" are but a joke. Regardless of who Noble actually is, I must thank him for both amusing me, and providing an easier way to survive/travel the universe. Bounty Hunting's been a boon.