1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Job Offers: Hire anyone 1.1.2

Use one of these to hire any friendly NPC

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

2. CatofRiddles

CatofRiddles Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this mod updated for 1.3?

3. ShackledTime

ShackledTime Phantasmal Quasar

I'm using it on 1.3 and it works fine.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  4. CatofRiddles

CatofRiddles Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok, i re-installed this mod and it caused my game to freeze and lag. the log complains about bmain.lua not working...

5. MrNeonFrog

MrNeonFrog Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I've tried using NPCSpawner+ to create npc's with custom weapons but when I hire them with your mod their weapons change. Any way I can fix this?

RianmakeR likes this.
  6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi , i've a little problm , i've hire some crew members in my first char and i copy past his shipworld on an another character , but the shipworld file have keep the crewmember of my previous character and i can't hire them or fired them (they don't understand when i try to give them contract) , they don't appear in the crew member list , i can't kill them either , and only say "stay close to me for be safe (or something like that) , so yeah , i've 4 crew member i don't want in my shipworld.

So any tips for remove them ? maybe a mod for make them killable in shipworld or something like that please ?

edit : sorry for necro i didnt see the last post date.

7. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  8. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Thx i'll try that soon ^^

Edit : It work thx you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    slowcold likes this.
  9. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Something else broke the mod as im getting "This Npc type not compatible with blahblah..." on every standard npc. I dont know which one causes that, suspecting those that modify tenant-pool. would having moretenants, tenantpack or penguintenant mess with this mod ?
    Im also using Chef crewmember + job offers compat for it, placed an colony deed in a room that would spawn a chef, can recruit the resulting chef npc in any role but not any of the default ones.

10. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

This mod is almost completely redundant anyway. You're far better off using either Frackin's hiring system or NpcSpawner+.

11. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Do you have the Space Police mod? I discovered that it messes up certain files in such a way that produces the exact error you described. Remove that, and you're good to go.

12. ProfMoebius

Not everyone plays FU. Searching for Frackin's hiring system didnt turn up anything, suppose its integrated into Frackin Universe only available there.
    I dont have the space police mod.

13. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, it is. You hire cremembers via space stations or via the science outpost.

There's still NPCSpawner+ though, that doesn't require Frackin. Thing about NPCSpawner+ Is that you can make any NPC you create (through a process not dissimilar to the player char creator) a crewmember right off the bat, PLUS give them custom weapons and equipment.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  14. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

In that case, you have some other mod that has a badly written /npcs/base.npctype.patch file. If it says:

"op": "add",
    "path": "/scripts",

and not:

"op": "add",
    "path": "/scripts/-",

then that's probably the culprit.

15. ProfMoebius

Using npc spawner, managed to get all types except crewmembersoldier, such a thing is not appearing in the list at all, does it have an wholly another id ?

16. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

1st: look it up on the wiki.
    2ndly: if it's not there, you can always type "insert additionalnpctypes crewmembersoldier" into either the info or advanced tabs

17. Krovos

Krovos Big Damn Hero

Hello Dear i had some question about the mod can you add the job sobff from the Datebound is it possible? =D

18. LolWut1337

LolWut1337 Void-Bound Voyager

What Krovos said but with better grammar.

19. さわまやゑぺ

さわまやゑぺ Astral Cartographer

pls add a 'remove offer' so i can unoffer NPCs' recruit state back to their original villager states. i accidentally clicked on the wrong NPC and want him back to his original state ._.

also, pls make offers usable on NPCs that already have another recruit type (eg use mechanic offer on NPC dressed as wannabe engineer). i tried using blue chemist offer on wannabe orange chemist but it got assigned to a nearby NPC ._.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2023