Dev Blog January 18th - Tech Support

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 18, 2016.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

i hope they made it so you can actually sell tech chips i also hope that we can have a pet or a companion like a remember that the bounty hunter in the out post said (need a bounty hunter i could use the pixels) and i would love having people that i spawn from my clonal deeds be able to come with me when i go out and explore

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I nominate "clonal deeds" for best weird new thing this month.

They're like dirty deeds, but the sheep are all genetically identical.

steelwing and Axe Garian like this.
  3. ProfessorDey

ProfessorDey Void-Bound Voyager

I do have to ask if there's any way to get a character with the old techs to actually have the new techs show up, none of the /aiaction options I try seem to work, though I might just not be getting the names right, would have assumed at least dashTech would still be the same.

PS, yes I know 'Don't play nightly if you want to keep your characters' but seriously, I love the new crafting system so much more XP

4. Kumpel

Kumpel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, I see. I had not read the rest of this thread before posting a comment. Thank you for clarifying this.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

loving the new upgradable techs but i would like to keep short range teleport. upgrades could include short invulnerability after teleport, longer range, through solid object teleportation, ect. i just love that tech

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. ZombieJohn1974

ZombieJohn1974 Void-Bound Voyager

ta muchly for the reply, and thank's for the explanation, i'm gonna be honest, was hoping for different modes, ya know to stop whinging people like me ^_^

7. Gnardak

Gnardak Void-Bound Voyager

One thing I'm not quite clear about: When the post mentioned Double Jump, Dash and Distortion Sphere I immediately thought of the current first three techs, Pulse Jump(obviously double jump), Energy Dash(obviously dash) and Bouncy(seems sensible that that would be Distortion Sphere). We then see Wall Jump and Sonic Sphere in action. Obviously Wall Jump is an extension of Double Jump but is Sonic Sphere an extension of Dash or of Distortion Sphere?

I assumed that it would be an extension of Dash because it's all about accelerating across the terrain from the demonstration. But other people assumed it's an extension of Distortion Sphere because it's a sphere which would make the base tech Morph Ball and not Bouncy at all.

So are Distortion Sphere techs shielding techs like Bouncy, Energy Shield etc. or are they morphing techs like Morph Ball and the demonstrated Sonic Sphere?

8. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

The tech Distortion Sphere is just a rename of the past tech Morph Ball.
    And the Boost Ball upgrade or known in game as the Sonic Sphere is an upgrade to the Morph Ball/Distortion Sphere.
    So really in my opinion the techs are sliding closer to that of the Metroid series of games.
    Not that it's a bad thing mind you just what I observe.
    Luckily you can only have one type of tech active at any given time in each of the three tech slots.

This question is directed to the devs
    I'm wondering if the EPP is going to be the only equipment that will have the augment slot on it?
    Cause I can easily see the helm, chest piece, and the leggings all having augment slots but at higher tiers on the armor tree.
    And each tier you go up will have up to 2 augment slots per armor peice.
    Say you have the full Rubium armor, that would be 1 on the helm, 2 for the chest, and 1 for the leggings.
    And only augments that can be installed into the armors would be centered around defense, mobility hindering cancellation[or MHC], energy, and health.
    What I would call the MHC augment would unhinder the PC's[player Character] movement in stuff that would other wise cause a slow down in speed and other movement reductions.
    Like the sandstorms on desert planets, or pools of oil.
    But each armor slot can only be fitted with a specific type of augment.
    Leggings can only have mobility augments installed in them, while the chest can have augments like defense or health augments, helm can only have energy augments.
    Lastly I would also like to see elemental resistance augments to attacks such as fire, poison, electricity, and so on.
    But the Fire resistance augment will not 100% protect against lava, it'll prevent you from catching on fire but you will still take damage, where as the Frost protection augment will prevent you
    from freezing but won't stop you from taking major health damage while on frozen ice planets.

Now this is just an idea I am tossing out to make the game somewhat better in regards to how we can setup and customize the armors in the game with the
    augmentation system that you have in place for the EPPS[Enviroment Protection Pack System] backpack.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I like the way you're thinking! :nuruevil:

This is a good point. These Tech Upgrades could be like a 'Tech Tree' that one could choose which Branch they'd like to go that'd better fit one's Playstyle, in addition to being able to choose what 'Level' of the Tree to sit at out of what ya have Unlocked so if none of a upper Upgrade Path's options appealed to ya, ya could stay at your current level & Unlock the higher ones just to do so to have that ready for when later Tiers got Unlocked in case THOSE appeal to ya. More Options are always better. :up:

Fixed for improvement. Aside from that, I like the way you're thinking. Also some of us peeps love doing damage the most, but I see ya didn't talk about Weapon Augments or the like, so I also further suggest that since the Chest Armor includes the Arms that hold the Weapons, that the Chest Slot Augments also be able to upgrade stuff like Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Attack Reach, & such like that. Also, maybe since there's 2 Chest Augment Slots in your idea, one could be a 'Offensive Slot' (Aug Slot on the Arms of the Armor.) & the other a 'Defensive Slot'. (Aug Slot on the Torso of the Armor.)

*Envisions myself with a Helm Augment of Monster Vision, (aka similar to Terraria's Hunter Potion Effect.) Chest Augmentations of Attack Damage & Defense Boost, & Legging Augment of Mobility CC Immunity... Screw you Melee screwing Slows & Roots & such!* :mwahaha:

10. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

That's true but the reason why I didn't state that is because each part of the full armor adds a % to weapon damage.
    Now if you really want the Combat Augments I think the best location would be in the weapons themselves, instead on the armor.
    This way it'll provide a huge range of customization options cause not only would you have augments for both armor and weapons.
    And on the topic of augments for both weapons and armors I just realized why not the shields.
    Cause I think they are the most under rated piece of defense in the game, cause most players doesn't go with a 1h[1 handed] and shield combat style.
    But I do if I ever go Glitch, cause I see them either as a knight[with a sword/shield setup] or lancer, but that is my style with the Glitch.

And also Axe Garian your idea on the augment bonuses being like the potions from Terraria, I can see the sorta say monster vision as you stated being more like
    a radar scan system on the helm that you would have to use the F key cause it'll be more of a tech or one of the 1-0 keys if want.
    Cause it'll do a wide area scan and have all aliens within X meter range from your location in a 360 degrees radius, the higher tier the chip the wider the scan, but the scanned aliens will
    only last on screen in a faint color glow[not sure which to decide] for X seconds[also determined by chip tier].

I could go on about the different augment chips I have in mind but I think there is a text limit to this.
    I may make a topic in the forums about my ideas on the augment chips.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

People will still focus on a select few tecs and mods for it, I fail to see how that will help diversify a player's choice.

12. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Well I'm mainly talk about the augment chips that are like the ones you can install into the EPP.
    But instead of the EPP, it'll also be for the armor and weapons.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ahh, so Weapon Augments are part of the idea. I'd be all for that too.

14. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

And also I've noticed that the EPP Augment shop NPC sells attack augment chips for the EPP.
    Though tbh I'd prefer the light augment, and have some of the others like speed for leggings, or the attack for weapons.
    But only time will tell when CF would add augment-able armor and weapons.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. darkmateo

darkmateo Void-Bound Voyager

This is my biggest gripe with the current stable build :p I would have infinite orgasm if they fixed this.

16. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

yes cause rocket boots are AMAZING i want to be able to use that for longer

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This sounds really good and might get me to try out some of the new techs more regularly without sacrificing what I usually use when I need to get my hands dirty.

About the wall jump sprite, can the hand that's close to the wall, look like its clinging to it by pointing up (it looks like that cause of gravity) :)

18. TheCamperM

TheCamperM Void-Bound Voyager

Sweet Jesus, imagine that wall jump with a spin slash,
    (T.SEMPUKYAKU INTENSIFIES)

Lintton and Axe Garian like this.