Dev Blog January 15th - Collar Duty: Advanced Warfur

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 15, 2016.

1. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So this means I'll be able to get my own little passive pet on my ship that's totally mine and nobody can harm or touch? Awesome! I'll finally get to have my own little Poptop! *coughmawilecough*

Will we be able to name our pets, as well? Like, able to have our pets display with names above their heads?

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

It'd be interesting to name pets, so we can keep track of them if there are a lot of mobs on screen. Hunger in the nightly is still a 30-second death timer and tied to the middle "survival" difficulty.
    I'm really looking forward to survival mechanics being realized and expanded upon. But this pet update is bound to be a lot of fun as well.

Edit: The reason it's a 30 sec. death timer is food hasn't had any tags for hunger added. It still gives you a health/heal buff like in the stable and does nothing for hunger. It's currently impossible to survive in survival without
    spamming bandages or other health means constantly to counter-act the "Starving" debuff.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As of right now in the nightlies, captured pets will have the name "Pet" above their heads (if you press alt)

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. sniperium

sniperium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

tested some of the fossils, as for the mining of it I would like to request an Xray tool just in case.
    been wrecking too many fossils.
    so far I loved wrecking em but maybe a fossil fighter extra (Xray) would enhance the succesrate of the fossil hunting.
    not sure how many people love jigsaws xD.

for the ones not enlightened..... jigsaw is a murderer :p.

the pets are totally lovable :p.
    plus I have loads of bones to feed em today 8D 8D

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Ninjatre

Ninjatre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not really on topic with this specific update, but, if you don't already have it planned, I'd like to see background crafting in the new crafting system some time in the future (As is the object you're crafting will continue to craft if you click another recipe or close the crafting menu)

6. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

weird question will we be able to style are pets like make the poptops hair a different colour or style ?

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

That is an interesting question.
    I thought about asking it myself but never really thought much on it.
    Would be cool to see a blazing red Poptop with sort of magma like coloration.
    If they do add that feature I bet we would need some type of dye that only works on the pets.
    I guess the Zoo I said in another post, sorta came to being with the Pod Tether objects.
    Now to figure out which monster can be captured in the pods in order to make said Zoo.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Poptop's are a sorta walking plant and dosen't have hair, but i get what your refearing too.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If the floran can have different colors, and you're right about poptops...

10. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Never said they coulden't be colored, just that they do not have "hair". :p

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And neither do the floran.

12. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

GOOD. I found these cute green dinosaur things on a forest planet, and I've always wanted one as a pet.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Hmm...does this mean that pet leveling is going away?

14. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

...what happens in water? will they simply sink to the bottom, or will they swim after you?

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. DragonOfTheStars

DragonOfTheStars Astral Cartographer

Honestly, I haven't messed around with which creatures I can or can't capture, but if I can have an adult poptop as a bodyguard, even if it requires some modding, I would love it. :cool:

16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

but
    can
    i
    wear
    the collar

ヽ༼ ͡◕ ͜ʖ ͡◕༽ノ

17. DragonOfTheStars

DragonOfTheStars Astral Cartographer

*instert shia labeouf just do it joke here*

18. jasonzoo123

jasonzoo123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well im a bit too late to post this, but now i finally have a battle compainion thats an animal , now i guess time to get me a smoglin or an orbide, also i have a suggestion and a question,question is will captured criters( thoose birds ,snails, and walkimg bushes??)that we captured in a pod be pet that follow me around? Or are they not qualified as a pet?and i think itll be awesome if theres a feature where we can place the capture pod on the ground and the captured pet can roam free outside its pod but on a set range, kinda like chester from dont starve...thats all i guess

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I hope we will get various ways to get collars, like crafting, buying form NPC and finding them.

if you crawl into my capture pod.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

In my professional opinion, you two should get a room.