RELEASED JAC'd Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Snowmech

Snowmech Orbital Explorer

Wait
    I unzipped the file, not sure where to put it, in with mods, or somewhere else. If I follow all install instructions, I install this, put it in mods folder, it creates a new folder, in which the mods folder goes in to a folder inside the mods folder. As of this moment, I might be missing something, the most advanced physics and unsolved mysteries of the universe are easy. I might be missing some obvious text or something, but I cannot find explicit install instructions, rarely do. I am also reading that in order for one mod to work another mod needs to be installed, but in order for that mod to work, this one needs to be installed, and the mod placed inside this new paradox folder.

In short, I am really missing something here, and it appears that very simple explanations, clarifying everything, can occur here. Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Throw Advanced location loader in the mods folder, run the game. it creates a locations folder within the advanced location loader folder, place the greenhouse folder inside the locations folder.

• Snowmech

Ah ha, I knew I was missing something. So greenhouse folder, and shed folder can go in there?

• Androxilogin

The greenhouse, yes but the shed (if you're referring to my shed mod) overwrites the shed within the Content>>Maps folder because it is an .xnb mod rather than an ALL mod although it does require ALL because of an action (ALLShift) is unsupported without it.

• Snowmech

Ah, ok. Thank you very much for the very speedy response, which of course helps prevent user error.

• Androxilogin

Whenever possible I'll try to resolve things immediately. Hope all is well now.

• Snowmech

Well, I got a wall of red text and no greenhouse. Not sure what went wrong.
                [17:11:15 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to load manifest, a unexpected error occured: E:\Gaming\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader\locations\ExtendedGreenhouse\manifest.json
                After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'items[18].id', line 79, position 3.
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue()
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
                at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
                at Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.Loaders.Loader1_2.Parse(String filepath, LocationConfig1_2 config)
                at Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.Loaders.Loader1_2.Load(String filepath)

• Androxilogin

It looks as though there is a " in the manifest where it shouldn't be. Searching over this (I've since changed my version for future updates but downloaded the version listed here) I don't see the error. So- I'll attach my latest version you can replace yours with as I cross my fingers & hope for the best. Although mine still throws up the error:
                  [17:42:43 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to load manifest, a unexpected error occured: C:\Program Files\Games\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader\locations\ExtendedGreenhouse\manifest.json
                  Unable to cast object of type '<IntersectIterator>d__69`1[System.String]' to type 'System.String[]'.
                  at Entoarox.Framework.Conditions.FindConflictingConditions(String conds, Char seperator, Int32 limit, Boolean strict)
                  at Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.Loaders.Loader1_2.Parse(String filepath, LocationConfig1_2 config)
                  at Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.Loaders.Loader1_2.Load(String filepath)

I believe it's relative to the shops in some way which aren't currently working.

Attached Files:

• Snowmech

Well the red error text is gone, but the greenhouse is unchanged.

• TracerFox

TracerFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Using this version I get the same console error as above, and in-game the greenhouse appears to be vanilla. I know one of the updates you changed things so you have to pay for upgrades, so that may be it. Are greenhouse upgrades purchased from Robin like house upgrades? I'm not sure if the mod is even working at this point.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the upgrade dialogue. Will test to see what works.

• Androxilogin

Apologies to anyone confused, I often fail to mention how to obtain upgrades. For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, you go to the barrel in the upper-left of the Greenhouse to activate the first upgrade then move on to the clutter in other rooms to continue upgrading.

BioSin likes this.
                        • Snowmech

Well... this is distressing. When i loaded my game back up all the expansions for the green house were gone. Along with all of my trees, all of my crops, all of my.... I just lost weeks worth of work. I get a message that says "despite what you though you saw, there does not seem to be anything here." I think I am done with this game, That was way to much work to lose.

• MandreakMardella

MandreakMardella Void-Bound Voyager

I posted on Nexus about this too, but I'm having an issue with the greenhouse. I crash every time I try to plant a fruit tree anywhere in the greenhouse. I replaced the fruittree.xnb with the original as I had a mod that modified it thinking that could be causing the problem but it hasn't fixed it. I updated the mod to the newest version that you posted here and also updated Framework. Just wondering if you had come across this issue before.

• Androxilogin

This is very strange. If you search through your log from %appdata%\StardewValley for 'shutdown' could you post your results? I've never had this issue personally nor heard of it until now.

• MandreakMardella

MandreakMardella Void-Bound Voyager

Hopefully this is what you need. Also is the warp still supposed to stick me in the middle of the void? Every once in awhile I am having the expansions disappear and only reload upon sleep. I end up stuck in the void and have to teleport out when I enter the greenhouse when the expansions have disappeared.

Edit: I seemed to have fixed the fruit tree issue. I had replaced the one .xnb but missed the one in the Data folder. Replacing that fixed that. I still am wondering if anything can be done about the expansions disappearing and the warp point. The expansions disappearing happens with your cellar mod as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                                • Snowmech

Every time the game is closed out and then restarted the greenhouse extensions are not accessible, perhaps until after a nights sleep. This is not only highly inconvenient, the player has to play perfectly, void of mistakes. If any mistake is made, then it is impossible to simply restart the day again at the save point, since the entirety of the actual playable space is no longer available.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue in AdvancedLocationLoader and I am working on solving it.

Minakie likes this.
                                    • papik95

papik95 Void-Bound Voyager

yo guys. I got some issue here when about to purchase the first upgrade. Whenever i click purchase, the game shut itself. No telling the program are stopped or what it just shut itself down. Here i attach my program log so you guys can check this problem out. Oh ya, both of my AdvanceLocationLoader and Entoarox Framework updated to latest version along with SMAPI 1.7

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Looks like a bug in ALL... adding it to the todo list.

Edit: Btw, the bug is that it is trying to edit a tile using a tilesheet that does not exist, but ALL should be detecting edits like that and disabling them ahead of time, the next update will do so.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
                                          papik95 and Androxilogin like this.
                                        • papik95

papik95 Void-Bound Voyager

guys, whats up. its me again. When i purchase the first upgrade, it seems like nothing happen after i updated the AdvancedLocationLoader to v1.2.8 and Entoarox Framework to v1.6.3. I do see some error in the modding console with long line of red print out. Maybe you guys can help check on these? Oh here i attached the program log.

Attached Files: