1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I've a question, check it out please.^^

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by panchownz, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panchownz

panchownz Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone! I pre-ordered the game yesterday and I'm really glad about that.But I've a simple question, if any one knows the answer please reply this message.I am wondering after beta when game releases, will Starbound be free to play or still it'll need the key to play? And I'm curious about what will happen if people find a way to crack it? I really don't want to play with people who don't respect game and support at least with smallest tier pack. So there are my questions, think negative or positive just reply please .:p ;)

2. RumorZ

RumorZ Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pretty sure when you buy the Pre-Order you have the game for life. I think its like Minecraft. Like always the game will be cracked by someone. Even SimCity has been finally cracked so you can bypass Origin, but hopefully people will be willing to pay the $15 when they realise the potential and enjoyment that will come from this game.

Ayer99 and panchownz like this.
  3. Exkaiser

Exkaiser Big Damn Hero

Starbound won't become free-to-play once it releases.

As for anti-piracy, the devs have expressed that they want to make an unobtrusive method of protecting servers, but we have no information on how it will works or how far along it is in implementing.

Of course, because servers will be privately run, part of this will be on the server hosts. You aren't likely to run into any pirates on a private server between your friends, after all.

Eoghanpm2 and panchownz like this.
  4. panchownz

panchownz Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your answers , these things got clear for me now. ^~^.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.