1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

It's still early, but it's time! ABC Song Notations

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darkevony, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Lew

Lew Aquatic Astronaut

Aha, I was literally trying to figure this out myself and with the exact same song being Duck Tales - The Moon..

Unfortunately I only managed to find a couple of midi's of the song here: http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?id=162
    And I also tried using the Maestro converter and what not, but no luck with converting it into a .abc file :\

2. Goldstar

Goldstar Big Damn Hero

same, the converter works fine for itsself, but when you use the abc file in-game the notes get all jumbled. and its not clear how to fix it

3. SpinningStar

SpinningStar Void-Bound Voyager

you van try this to fix the crash in angry koala:

edit "..\Starbound\assets\songbook.config" and change line at 438 from

Code:
    "G" : [0, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11]
    to
    Code:
            "G" : [ 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0 ],
            "HP" : [ 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0 ]

Attached Files:

4. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I got a song that's crashing Starbound when I try to play it too: http://hastebin.com/lutijuvefo.avrasm
    My guess it's because of the | but I have no idea, I just wanted to get some songs for SB and when trying whenever this one sounded good or not it crashed.

It'd also be great if we could later get an ingame editor for them so we can directly test and make them, that'd be for sure helpful I bet.

Archer likes this.
  5. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Could you explain what's not working?

I write tracks in Ableton Live and then export them as MIDI data, then I use that converter to convert them to abc and it has been flawless so far.

Perhaps the MIDIs themselves are bad in one way or another? Or maybe they use data/effects that can't be converted to abc notation?

That would be beyond epic, haha :)

6. Koirannue

Koirannue Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to point out the repeats don't actually work as far as starbound is concerned. I'm not sure what is going on with the "Dm" and "C" stuff either.
    Try removing the commas, quotation marks, and slashes.