It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Yvejuzul

Yvejuzul Subatomic Cosmonaut

And so, we now have a new Fallout game to look forward to!

Roskii Heiral, Jonesy and Waffle-Chan like this.
  2. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I wonder if they have a usable geck.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I heard it was going to be an MMO though.....

4. Roskii Heiral

i really hope not

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I heard it was an online survival game. Not necessarily the same as an MMO, but we'll have to wait and see.

Either way, I'm not sure it'll be quite up my alley, but I'll be interested to see where it goes.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I think an "online survival game" would be even worse, especially if there was PvP involved.

Please don't tell me they're going to hop on the Battle Royale or Multiplayer Zombie Survival bandwagon..... *sigh*

I don't think I want a Fallout where you start a game and 30 seconds later you get sniped from 500 feet away because someone else found a sniper rifle first or whatever stupid crap happens in those kinda games. That would be lame with a capital L.

STCW262 likes this.
  7. Roskii Heiral

I just don't see bethesda producing a game like either of those. Historically speaking, its not their wheelhouse.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno, I've been seeing an alarming number of youtube videos talking about leaks that suggest that FO76 is going to be a game "akin to Rust or Day-Z" which just makes me roll my eyes.

If they actually do this.... that'll be two Fallout games in a row I'm going to end up passing on.

STCW262 likes this.
  9. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

To be fair, they're going from little more than a trailer. For all we know, it could be a bit like Fallout+Sims (Or Dwarf Fortress, but with less detail). In fact, I'm tempted to say that the settlement mechanics will be a central mechanic and plot point.

Xylia likes this.
  10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I suppose that's the one and only hope I can cling to that these Youtube pundits are wrong and that they're jumping the gun.

11. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Roskii Heiral, STCW262 and Parrotte like this.
  12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So apparently the same guy who has been talking to the little leaker is now claiming that FO76 is actually going to be like NV... so..... NV+Survival sounds like NV's Survival Mode, though probably tweaked/updated/made more intricate or something.

Meh.

Better than a Bore-Z/Rusted clone.

STCW262 and Parrotte like this.
  13. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I hope they got decent writers to avoid another "Ghoul kid trapped 210 years in a refrigerator, and his parents also got ghoulified, live very close to the refrigerator, and never bothered to check their surroundings" crap.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So..... what, ghouls can live without food now? lol that's just stupid.

STCW262 likes this.
  15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

That, and the fact that the Gunners nearby never decided to like, open the refrigerator, or steal it for materials/cooling food.

STCW262 likes this.
  16. General Nuclear

There are two things i like however about the trailer and that is that for the first the pipboy actually looks a bit like the original pipboy 2000 which was a hand held device instead of part of a glove.
    [​IMG]

The second thing i notice was that there was actually a color tv there because the color tv was actually invented in fallout but it was just that it was a pretty new discovery in the fallout universe so it was a luxury item that only a few people could afford (like the flat screen when it first came out) and even our own pipboy had a small color tv with a camera on one part of it that we could use to send video messages with. but mostly people used black and white screens still.
    (also it is actually not that werid to think about that the color tv in the fallout universe wheren't invented until recently when you look at all the technology we have lost or that could have been invented much sooner in the real world like flat glass or concrete etc)

[​IMG]

But i can't stand the new jump suits.

Still hope that it becomes a good game anyway and a good choices matters fallout game without more lore breaks.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Parrotte likes this.
  17. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The bit about the ghoul kid surviving 210 years is SOMEWHAT consistent, considering that FO2 had a ghoul that survived getting buried alive.
    The issue is that, somehow, the parents, who live very close to the refrigerator, apparently didn't do a throughout search, even through a refrigerator would have, if anything, been something that would have been opened at some point, even if it's by someone looking for food.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  18. General Nuclear

The new trailer

I like that they didn't make another new type of power armor for ones which is a good sign.
    Also its said to be 50 years after the war not 200 because fallout 4 was more or less 50 years into the future even though it was said to be 200 For a Whole lot of reasons which i could have talk for days about so i guess that you could say that they finally admitted they are not very good when it comes to predicting time that have passed in games which is good.

But Good god in heaven! i hope they include a single player campaign with actually good dialogue choices! and alternative endings.

*edited*
    ok bad news todd stated that there are only gonna be players and no npcs.
    This game is dead to me.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    STCW262 likes this.
  19. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

Todd Howard later said in this interview -

- that the game is entirely online with no human NPCs, so I doubt that the story will be great or that there will be any dialogue at all. Also the Pip-Boy from the first trailer had a date of October 27th, 2102, so the game is probably set around 25 years after the bombs fell

20. General Nuclear

If i am ever making a game i am gonna add a npc named rod coward and i am gonna add a invisible wall item that you can steal from a mime which you can use to place in front of his door to his office then break the door so it would look like its barely holding together then add a sign that says that his locking picking level is not high enough.

Eventually the fire department would gets him out after not believing him on the first twenty calls.

STCW262 likes this.