It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Huh wow, it does make him look massively better, more like the ruthless leader he is presented to be.

STCW262 and Roskii Heiral like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Fallout Shelter is a highly accurate simulation of post-apocalyptic life in a self-contained subterranean shelter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

A cat lady, a black cat and Jesus meet to play pool...

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So... I told the brohood that I was gonna build the teleporthingymajick to infiltrate the institute and subsequently murder every knight and paladin on sight but...

20170714163026_1.jpg

Either he is getting impatient, or caught up to my plans! I went back home to ask Ada to follow me and help with a couple things before the assault, and there he is... nonchallantly saying "if I need you ill ask for you" you are in my home you bleeding jackanape!

5. Jonesy

Huh. I thought you needed to build the teleporter at Boston Airport if you're siding with the Brotherhood.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Really? that must be why it is not working...! if there was an instructions manual, I must have misplaced it, though to be fair, the lady with the PA case is also there, behind me in the screenshot, I should go ahead and try building it at the airport.

Edit: walking to the airport (more like running and zig zagging with a murderous assaultron called Ada) and man, this game can have some pretty sights!

20170714174527_1.jpg

further edit: I found a minigun... a legendary warmonger Mr Handy had it... a legendary explosive minigun? I am super happy with the find but, am I about to break everything in sight? is it a good idea to run around with this thing?!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  7. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Working Theory:
    If you use a teleporter, it vaporizes (read kills*) you and clones you on the other side.

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Well since you are talking about particles, the Roskii I talked to months ago no longer exists, your present self is a continuation of the molecules that reproduced, copying everything Roskii is, so teleporting would be like a timelapse of that moment, in a mere instant.

9. Jonesy

The issue is that of consciousness, though. Specifically, whether or not it's transferred along with the molecules, or if it's just duplicated. There's no real way of knowing, since the new copy would have the same personality and memories, and the original body's gone so you can't examine it.

You can always handwave it, though. In my Starbound fanfic the main character uses a teleporter, and reflects on how getting his consciousness punted across the galaxy is better than getting killed every time he needs to visit the shops. But this is the same Starbound where the Cultivator is shown to be able to revive the dead, so it's not that big of a stretch. The Fallout setting is a tad different. It's more or less confirmed that the supernatural (including ghosts) exists to some degree, so it's possible that there's some kind of soul at work that would save your consciousness from being destroyed upon teleportation.

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. Roskii Heiral

The question would then be, does your soul transfer to the clone or does the clone have its own soul?

Also, when I think of teleportation, I don't think of the transference of anything. Its a complete scanning/deconstruction/scanning/construction event taking place in too distant locations (not natural organic reproduction).

Fun discussion =3

Corraidhín likes this.
  11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

this game can get moody, and interesting!

strange place for a tree
    20170716231141_1.jpg

Just contemplating the evening
    20170717000257_1.jpg

edit: now that I have an explosive minigun have I come to realize that the bloody thing fires with such a spread you could as well stand in FRONT of it and be SAFE! ARGH!

... on the bright side it makes for an exhilarating AA gun (hello vertibirds)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Roskii Heiral likes this.
  12. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

1. I started the Fallout series with 3, as most people did. I played it with my older brother and we had a great time in the Capital Wasteland.

2. Probably still Fallout 3. I've played 4 and New Vegas, but 3 still holds that special place in my heart and always feels good to play.

3. Fallout 4 definitely looked better than 3 and New Vegas, but I don't care about graphics. It lost a lot of the RPG elements of past games, which was always a big draw for me. It was a great game, but it felt like some of the series soul was lost in Fallout 4.

4. Perhaps taking place in another country besides the U.S.A? It'd be interesting to see how another post-apocalyptic country is doing in the Fallout universe.

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

So... uhh, a lot of people have told me about how BAD and utterly stupid Horse Armour was back in Oblivion, while I have taken some distance from FO4 (job, life, etc etc) I like to stay somewhat cautiously close to the news regarding it, and beth... and Horse armour is back?

Could someone tell me why is beth so mind boggingly stupid? if this keeps up ill have to give up any expectations on TesVI and simply stick to whatever else shows up, heck, even Starbound seems more pallatable nowadays.

14. Jonesy

Seems a very poor move on their behalf. They've already had one backlash over paid mods, so they can't be surprised it's happened again.

Don't know if it'll necessarily mean much for TES VI, though. They may try to reintroduce it in some form, but considering all the controversy it's caused it'd be a tremendous risk to their PR. Creation Club or no, the gameplay and setting is where my attention will be.

15. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They've already failed once, but it take ONE successfull attempt and all others companies will follow (ex: microtrasactions and pre oder bonuses)
    It's dangerous for the future of the video game industry

16. Roskii Heiral

For me it just depends on what they actually release. I actually like parts of the creation club (like bethesda supporting and maintaining existing mods) I feel like this will help instances where mod authors are no longer interested in maintaining a specific mod and would like to work on other projects.

I didn't buy the horse armor, it didn't appeal to me. But I did buy Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. It sounds like the free modding community will still be around in some form or another. So, yeah, I'm still withholding judgement til I see the final product. (I haven't watched the video linked yet, but most seem like uninformed rants so far.)

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmmm very true, I just hope they do not make design decisions considering CC into the mix... it would be disastrous!

Oh dear, I would not have linked a video if it did not have meaningful information! but I understand your cautiousness

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Roskii Heiral likes this.
  18. 777JackOfBlades

A normal day in fallout shelter :

Because ''it just work'' paidmods.jpg

19. Jonesy

My Fallout Shelter Vault is at full capacity, so I've had to start evicting people. Especially since I have two Sarah Lyons and two Three Dogs (Six Dogs?). Bloody synths!

20. 777JackOfBlades

I had two Preston Garvey , TWO , 2X more settlement that need my help , I moved one in whatever room needed more people and the new one to the radio with three dogs and eulogy , what a weird team tho

STCW262 and Jonesy like this.