It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Thats one cozy pink, halloweenish place you ve got going there boy-o! ye just need a couple giant pumpkins here.. and there.. by that tree near the turrets! looks pretty sweet indeed! and self dependable if I say so myself.

Jonesy likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Doesn't look as sweet when you've got a dozen high-level super mutants shooting up the place.

That said, it did get attacked by high-level feral ghouls today when I was working on it. Between the machine gun turrets (which can potentially have incendiary or explosive bullets), the heavy laser turrets and the Defenderbot (armed with dual Gatling lasers)... the results were impressive. Every single one was dismembered with little to no intervention from me. Bodes well for future attacks.

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hah see? I didnt even need to see it in action to know it was built to last! then again, I wish I had seen the rave party... I imagined one of those ghouls losing a limb and going on saying "tis but a flesh wound... have at cha!" and charging at the same time ... dang I wish Beth would finish releasing those DLC already!

4. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wish Far Harbour would come before Wasteland Workshop. But then we wont be able to have a deathclaw and an assaultron at our side by the time Far Harbour comes out lol

5. Jonesy

I don't really mind. Still got some perks to grind before I'm ready. Want to max out my damage / energy resistance perks (I've already done it with radiation), so I can put the difficulty level up a notch or two.

Edit: So, since getting Automatron, I've put a couple of points into the Robotics Expert to unlock some robot upgrades. But what the perk mainly does it let you remotely hack robots to give them commands. The first rank lets you shut them down and / or initiate self-destruct, the second rank lets you frenzy them and the third (which I don't have) lets you give them commands like a companion. Even with just the first two ranks, it is so useful when up against robots. Robot taking too many hits / dishing out too much damage? Shut it down, and shoot it without fear of retaliation.

This morning, I also discovered that using a scoped weapon can increase the hack range. I frenzied two Gunner Assualtrons, which proceeded to cause havoc with the guards at Vault 95, all from at least a hundred meters away.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    lvl1337n00b likes this.
  6. hatakesans

Just some screenshots of my Shadow Ops character doing wet work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

General Nuclear likes this.
  7. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You're putting points into the damage resistance perks? Why not just use armor?

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

If you are playing on the highest difficulty every little Dmg reduction matters :p

9. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

So Ive been watching a buncha Muselk Videos on the new Doom game, and I noticed something similar about one of the weapons. Namely, the Gauss cannon. Here it is lined up
    with the tesla rifle from the newest Fallout 4 DLC. BTW as per usual (with me) I'm uploading them as thumbnails since I have no clue how the hell one formats the size of these.

upload_2016-4-7_19-30-25.png upload_2016-4-7_19-32-50.png

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That looks really nice! the doom gun reminds me of the first Halo game... odd... but they do share some similarities, which is to be expected when you have sci-fi guns both called "rail" or "gauss" as they are commonly depicted as long, wide, long-barreled weapons. Very heavy more than often.

If you edit the images to be, say: 1344x860, then "upload image"/ full Image, it ll show up in that size, so it can get VERY large... thats how I remember it tho, I havent uploaded anything in a while...

11. Jonesy

I have some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is I found a Fat Man with a legendary effect on it.

The bad news is it's rubbish.

Poisoner's Fat Man.jpg

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

so there ARE legendary fatmans... it must be like finding an unicorn...

but why rngeesus why?! what did this poor kangaroo do to befoul you so!

Jonesy likes this.
  13. Jonesy

Mind you, the RNG did try and make it up to me a bit later.

Plasma Gauss Rifle.jpg

I also discovered that the pink lighting bug is indeed caused by an Assaultron head laser, but can easily be fixed by going into VATS. I didn't realize that earlier since it happened in the middle of a building session.

Edit:
    So, the Wasteland Workshop DLC is out, and... it's alright. I'm mostly just so happy with the fact that you can now build a fusion generator, which produces 100 units of power. I've already started going to my larger settlements and replacing patchworks of smaller generators with a single, fortified fusion one. The decontamination arch should also prove handy, but I've yet to try it. The new concrete building elements (foundations, walls, roof, etc.) are also a Godsend, as I was starting to hurt for wood and steel a bit.

There's also a powered water pump that can be placed on land, providing a much-needed intermediary between the basic water pump and all the water-based purifiers (which can't be built at settlements lacking an open water body). The garden plot might also be interesting for farming, but since all my settlements are already at least self-sustaining in terms of food, I've not needed to use it yet

Then there's the whole arena thing, which I probably won't use much. I don't much like the idea of risking my settlers' lives for entertainment. I might try some of the trap cages to either tame some animals, or kill them to farm exp.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  14. Jonesy

@Asriel Dreemurr, I've had the chance to try out the Intimidation perk you were asking about at one point. It's rubbish.

There are two problems I have with it. First, it doesn't always work, even if you're more than a hundred levels superior to the enemy. Second, it's not permanent, and pacified enemies will turn hostile again pretty quickly. If the perk had some way of giving a higher success chance the higher your level is compared to the enemy's, and then made them passive permanently, then maybe it'd be a worthwhile perk. It'd save you having to shoot low-level enemies, at the expense of not getting loot. But even then, sooner or later low-level enemies are easy to kill and good for nothing but loot.

Ah, well. At least the Robotics Expert perk is still awesome. Pretty much any robot I come across now I can remotely shut down and / or set to self-destruct. They're pretty much out of the equation.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Corraidhín likes this.
  15. coon777

coon777 Void-Bound Voyager

my first fallout game was fallout 3, but my favorite fallout game is fallout 4.
    fallout 4 unfortunately far too many game breaking bugs ...
    I hope they build the konversationssythem from fallout 3 the next part again.

16. hatakesans

I agree. It lets you have more options and more in depth roleplay but then again a voiced protagonist is awesome when you have him say sarcastic lines xD

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Funny, I was in a lil discussion about "everything that is wrong with Fallout 4" and that was one of the points that came across, among how forced you are to play the game in one way... blah blah blah among other things, thank you sincerely for taking the time to try the perk and sharing your thoughts about it!

18. Jonesy

My theory is that they put a lot of time and resources into the new combat system and as a result didn't get to really flesh out alternative approaches. Disappointing, but not catastrophic quite yet. As far as I'm concerned, the game is a case of "three steps forward, one step back". I'm sure they can turn it around, or at least let Obsidian do another interquel.

On a side note, I really want to find a pipe gun with the 'Kneecapper' (20% chance to cripple an enemy's legs) legendary effect. I generally keep a heavily upgraded pipe rifle with me for 'quantity over quality' attacks, given the low damage and high rate of fire (plus plentiful ammo). With so many bullets being fired, having the Kneecapper effect would practically guarantee the enemy's legs (and, hence, mobility) is crippled.

Chrillzilla and lvl1337n00b like this.
  19. lvl1337n00b

lvl1337n00b Void-Bound Voyager

Most amusing legendary weapon I've found so far was a walking cane with the "Junkie" effect. Thought it'd be perfect for Mama Murphy.

Chrillzilla and Jonesy like this.
  20. Jonesy

I think I had a Quick-Draw pool cue at one point, and a VATS-Enhanced walking cane. Poisoner's Fat Man definitely took the cake for me, though.