1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Items disappeared after death

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SuperStarBond, Feb 9, 2019.

1. SuperStarBond

SuperStarBond Space Hobo

My character died under the moon surface, carrying a lot of useful items (yes I know I was fool). The last thing I managed to do was to jump into some narrow pool of liquid fuel so that my items would not spread over surroundings.
    Then I tried to return in my mech and find my items but to no avail.

Then I used pystarboundmap to open the moon world file and try searching the crash site. I really scrolled the whole world left to right and up to down and there were not any of my lost items.

After that I added a custom "print" into the pystarbound code so that, every time the GUI redraws the tiles, it would print all visible object names. I scrolled world left, right, up, down and anything of my lost items never got printed in the console.

Is it possible that lost items really disappeared? Is it a good behaviour or some kind of bug? Can I use some in-game admin utilities to find the location of the lost objects?

Well I installed Console mod and run this in-game: return world.itemDropQuery(mcontroller.position(),3000) and this returns only {}
    //3000, 30000, 3000000...

Odd...

Looks like my items got really vanished.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
  2. SuperStarBond

SuperStarBond Space Hobo

Looks like this forum is rather dead.
    Worth a refund, perhaps. Unstable piece of glitch...