1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Or you could fix the typo.

2. endlessmark

endlessmark Phantasmal Quasar

you can 3d print this on a existing character :3

3. Fearis

Fearis Void-Bound Voyager

oh that's cool, thanks for that info! I can't wait to try out the mod then :)

4. endlessmark

endlessmark Phantasmal Quasar

i still don't really know why my hyper-space storage is duping my items :\ anyone know? basically i have two chests one is on the left side and the other is around 150 blocks away to the right side. they are both sharing the same item.

5. Wonder Dog

Wonder Dog Void-Bound Voyager

The problem with the recipes not appearing for existing characters is in the group entry has "wirestation" not "wiringstation"

In each recipe
    Code:

"groups" : [ "mod", "wirestation", "all"]

change to
    Code:

"groups" : [ "mod", "wiringstation", "all"]

Mahiaga likes this.
  6. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

7. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

SivCorp likes this.
  8. GreamMeakel

GreamMeakel Void-Bound Voyager

only think i see missing is the ability for items to be dropped in a "Broadcast" container and have them moved to a "receptor" container when a stack doesn't exist in the receptor container

Mostly looking for this so I can wire up a B/R - to store my weapons in an area via wired broadcast.

9. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Hey I got a good idea you could do with this mod, do some kind of thing like Applied Energistics from Minecraft and Implement a terminal to get items out of a group of chests and have like a object to register the chests for storage. But if you could think of a better way that'll be even better.

10. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

I can't believe I am just now getting around to using this mod. This could have saved me hours of inventory management in the past!

A few questions:

1). To have a container connected to a broadcast beacon, does the container need to be completely within the beacon diameter, or can the broadcast area just touch some portion of the container?

2). I think I found out why you warned against mixing broadcast/reception networks with hyperstorage networks. Lost a whole lot of metals; luckily, I back up my files. Am I correct in understanding that the easiest way to avoid this is to wire reception beacons directly to broadcast beacons so they won't overlap with hyperstorage networks?

3). I had set up set up hyperstorage beacons first before the mishap described above. I had two sets of two beacons each connecting two pairs of different container types: two outpost crates and two chests from the mod Frackin Universe. And, before the mishap, it seemed like they were keeping two distinct sets of inventories matched by container type. I thought I had read somewhere in the discussion posts that you said that wasn't possible. Did you actually figure out how to divide hyperstorage networks by container type?

Just gotta say, your mods are the most useful out there. Thanks for doing what you do!

11. Wellbott

1). Each object has a particular position, which I believe is the point you hold it by when placing it with the matter manipulator. That tile has to be inside the broadcast radius.
    2.) The big no-no is having a Hyperstorage chest underneath the Broadcast beacon, being the outgoing container. You should be able to put things into one alright with Receptor beacons, but with two scripts watching chest contents... that have trouble talking to each other... bad things can happen. No guarantees. I'd just keep the Hyperstorage out of the Broadcast network entirely. (Frankly, I think the Hyperstorage beacons are unstable in general... could never quite pin it down).
    3.) Containers of different sizes will form separate networks, since otherwise there would be strange conflicts. So all chests (regardless of type) will be on one, and all large chests on another, and all crates on a third, etc.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  12. TekYin

TekYin Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I wonder if you can make something that automatically take item in player inventory and put it on chest via broadcast beacon.. maybe some station / panel that activate area/zone that if the player enter it, the player's inventory will be watched by reception beacon so all item will be taken and transferred to respective container on broadcaster beacon area ..

all desired stackable item like potion, rope, or anything should be put on player's hotkey, so it will left untouched by reception beacon.

13. kenanthebarbarian

Ah, so all the containers must be the same type? I had my network broadcasting from a ship locker into multiple different container types. That may have also played a part in my items vanishing.

14. Wellbott

For the Hyperstorage, that is, the Broadcast beacons don't care.[DOUBLEPOST=1434475375][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No player inventory access yet sadly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  15. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage with a new update entry:

New Hyperstorage code and visual Broadcasting

Read the rest of this update entry...

kenanthebarbarian likes this.
  16. Wellbott

17. kenanthebarbarian

I ran into a situation with Hyperstorage beacons confusing containers. First it happened between the Outpost Cargo Crate and the Outpost Fridge, then between the Outpost Cargo Crate and the Large Wooden Crate. Does it somehow establish the connection based on elements in the container name?

Wellbott likes this.
  18. Wellbott

The connection is solely based on the number of slots in the container. All of those containers have 24 slots, so they will all go on the same network, as opposed to the 16 or 9 slot networks.

19. kenanthebarbarian

20. NachtFalke

NachtFalke Void-Bound Voyager

Some Suggestion?

Let us set networknames like IP´s :)
    So we could make some different networks.

BTW really useful MOD thanks for it.