1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Item Broadcaster + Hyper-storage v1.5 (p1.2)

A lightweight system for auto-sorting + Hyperspace multi-containers. Works with any containers!

1. Spatial_Pioneer

Spatial_Pioneer Void-Bound Voyager

EXXXXaaaactly my problem...

Edit: except with vanilla containers

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Spatial_Pioneer

Could someone upload a screenshot of a working system, and run down it's set up?

The gif on the actual pages isn't entirely helpful.

3. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

4. mtgvoryo

mtgvoryo Industrial Terraformer

How exactly can I make the Broadcast and Reception Beacons work? I've put the chests in the range of the Broadcast Beacon(circle light w/ green color pointing down) and another chest under the Reception Beacon(line light w/ green color pointing up) and it didn't work. I've tried it on every possible: with the line light beacon in/out of the range of the circle light beacon; with/without them being connected with a "wire"; with vanilla/modded chests and with vanilla/modded item. Nothing work.

Somebody help me. I really want to make this mod work.

5. Wellbott

Sure, let's take a look here:

When you move items in and out of chests. do the beacons light up briefly?
    Are there any errors in your starbound log (/storage_unstable/starbound.log)?
    Is there already an existing stack of the item you're trying to move in the chest you want to receive with?

Edit: Also, are the Hyper-storage beacons working?

6. AndrewSeven

AndrewSeven Void-Bound Voyager

I always put the chests down first and then put the beacons.

7. mtgvoryo

The beacons look the same as when I put them on the wall.
    I don't get any errors and I don't see any problem with the log.
    the are no items in the chests that should recieve item(Reception) or in the chest that's under the Broadcast Beacon.
    I've just put chest like in the gif, then added the Reception and then the Broadcast Beacon.
    I dont have any Hyper-storage. I only have Reception and Broadcast Beacons.
    After I put everything like in the gif, then put items in a random slots of the chest, The items move to the closest free spot to the top(i.e.: the fist 5 slots have items, the the new item gets moved to the 6th slot no matter where other 7th+ spot I put it).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. Wellbott

Ah, that's the issue. The beacons don't just move any and all items - there must be an existing stack of the same item, like some dirt if you want to move more dirt, in the chest you're broadcasting to.

The intended purpose is that when you arrive in your base with an inventory full of stuff, and want it all get sorted away neatly in your warehouse, you can just dump it into a broadcast chest and it'll go where you want it. Any items that don't find a match stick around for you to manually seed into containers, since no script can be smart enough to figure out how you want you stuff organized by itself.

9. mtgvoryo

haha xD I can't believe how simple the solution was!

10. gortsleigh

gortsleigh Big Damn Hero

I only see the Item Broadcaster items at the wiring station when I am in admin mode. I even crafted a new wiring station with the mod enabled, and have the same result.

Am I missing something?

11. Wellbott

Oi vey... looks like using player.config.patch to add new recipes only changes new characters. Lemme whip up a fix, I'm thinking bind a "learn these recipes" function to the wiring table so you get them next time you pick one up?

12. Wellbott

Well, the game crashes when I try to put a "learnBlueprintOnPickup" entry on anything. Unstable man... as is, I think you'll just need to use a new character. Maybe put a wiring station and some crafting mats on your starter planet for the new guy to use, then pick up the results with main character?

13. Seiklus

Seiklus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Er. Something happened...
    I overloaded a hyper storage with too many items and it only showed some of them. then i broke the beacons and all the items dissapeared... are those items gone now?

Edit: half the hyper storage containers aalready had items in them so i guess thats why. kind of an unintentional bug though, dont you think?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  14. Spatial_Pioneer

Not seeing the items in the wiring table (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) Is there something I need to do to unlock the recipe?

EDIT*** Just read the post above...nevermind I guess.

15. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

You may want to take a look at Creative Mode and see how it adds its object to the crafting table even for existing users (not that I'm attempting to compare the amount of work you each have put into your mods; I know that writing a mod is difficult for anything but the most trivial change). Or perhaps the wiring table itself doesn't allow adding recipes dynamically at all.

16. Wellbott

Solid idea: who knows, it could be some kind of niggling syntax error on my part.

17. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When updated to stable version of Upbeat giraffe... this is going to be great! I remember using this back when I still played the old stable... :D

18. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like it is a typo :/ I poked around and it should be in "wiringstation", not "wirestation".

19. Fearis

Fearis Void-Bound Voyager

Can I use the mod for unstable upbeat giraffe for the stable upbeat giraffe, too?
    If not, how long might it take you to release a version for stable? This week? Next week? Today? :)
    Starbound right now feels like an item sorting game and I was so desperately looking for a mod like this to take care of that. It looks really great!

Edit: Also, which mod site is more up-to-date: This forum or your mod page at nexus?

20. Zarana

Zarana Aquatic Astronaut

I was hesitant to use this mod as I thought it wouldn't work on stable upbeat giraffe, but i turns out that it works just fine.

As stated before it'll only add the recipes to a new character, so if you want to use it on an existing character you need to either enable admin mode to have the recipes or make a new character and craft the beacons with that one. I used the admin mode method and weirdly the recipes showed up with 300 pixel cost even though according to the mod files it should be 50 pixels and 1 gold bar. Be that admin mode or just odd, either way the functionality of the mod worked fine. Didn't test the hyper beacon though.