1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated ItA - Tidewater & Mountainous Biomes! V 0.07

Adding new Biome Content in the Into the Aether Series!

1. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm that don't really sound all that hard, there has to be a way to animate the bodies you see on world, But how to do it and make it smooth and not req a lot of memory ?

2. Elfginther

Elfginther Phantasmal Quasar

3. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Great add Brah, now I'll have to get them to work with FU can I get a hint as to if'ens there called mountainous or something easy :)
    P.s Yeahhh you got 72 pixels
    yes I know I'm a bit touched and a smart ass but I do grow on ya :mindwurm:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Is this still being updated?

5. Mackinz

Any plans to update this, @Elfginther? I'm still interested in it.

6. Elfginther

I hit a wall a couple of months ago trying to build dungeons from scratch and moved on. I'll revisit things and see if I can figure it out. If so, this is a good place to build a water temple :p
    D-Tools looked promising.

7. Mackinz

With Tiled support in the current Unstable and Nightly, that's not going to be nearly as much of a hassle. Contact @Monijir, who is pretty much the most knowledgeable about making Tiled and Starbound work together.

Elfginther likes this.
  8. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First I want to say I dig these biomes, just by the screens haven't installed though. A water temple sounds awesome too. Tiled has made switches/wires/detectors infinitely more accessible so if you've got a zelda-like puzzle dungeon in mind it's actually possible now.

I have learned a lot about how to use tiled the wrong way - starting from trying to do all the decoding/decryption myself and using tiled back when it just deleted objects you lacked images for :(

Anyway, here's what working in tiled looks like : It's designing, debugging, tweaking paths, and '/reload'ing. It's also awesome :)

hylotlproject1.jpeg

Elfginther likes this.
  9. Elfginther

I'll definitely have to check it out. It looks like you're building it in game, and then scanning it into Tiled? Or is it the other way around?
    Designing dungeons in game and scanning them sounds a lot more attractive than just working in an interface.

I'll finish building the materials library I have planned and get it loaded with any new tiles and objects I think I want to use. Update hopefully coming soon!

Monijir likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Nothing is stopping you from building a prototype in-game to get the look just right, but the process for creating them in Tiled is manual.

It's not too time-intensive unless you are making big things.

Elfginther and Monijir like this.
  11. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

Can't wait til this includes all the biomes! I really don't want any new mechanics so this is a great mod for me!

12. Waddleboid

Waddleboid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hrrm, I tried to load this and got the following error : Fatal Exception caught: (Map Exception) Key 'darkwater' not found in Map::get()
    Anyone have any input?

13. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Just from looking at it, it seems the map is trying to load a resource called "darkwater" which isn't there. It could be a possible mistype in the resource name but the game is trying to load an non existent resource.

14. Mackinz

The mod hasn't been updated since April of 2015 ( ;-; ) so trying to use it now is just begging for crashes.

15. Waddleboid

Waddleboid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That makes sense. I was kind of hoping it would work regardless, since a few of the less frequently updated ones seem to. I've enjoyed FU, but I wanted something a bit more bare bones in this case. Ah well.