OOC It Sucks To Be Earth(Not open)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Rgbunpro, Feb 17, 2016.

1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

In his mind

DustyScabbard likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

This looks interesting... I'll have a go at it... Hopefully this works...

Name:Charon Fabris
    Race: Mutant (snake-man/snake with arms/naga)
    Stats
    Strength: 10[+3]
    Speed: 12[+5]
    Acrobatics: 10[+3]
    Endurance: 10[+3]
    Charisma: 7
    Persuasion: 17[+10]
    Intelligence: 14[+7]
    Fortitude: 20[+13]
    Crafting: 17[+10]
    Luck: 5[-2]
    Magick: 0
    Melee: 12[+5]
    Ranged: 7
    Demolition: 7
    Thievery: 14[+7]
    Appearance: image.jpg
    Red eyes, white scales, 190lbs of scrawny but pure muscle and no legs... (Forgot to draw backpack because I'm a dingus...)
    Traits:
    *Special Power – Magic siphon: Magicka has no other effect when near him as it is painfully absorbed by his body... Not that he can use any of the stored Magicka, but his blood works as an excellent mana battery and could probably work for making Magicka restoring potions...
    +Serpentine - Strong torso/body/tail, powerful dislocatable jaws, slow and efficient metabolism, incredibly flexible spine, excellent night vision, sense of smell/taste, and honed pit organs, his kidneys are quite a bit more durable than the average human as well...
    •Toy maker - His father was a toy maker, as is he. His favorite toy to make are marionettes for puppet shows...
    -serpentine - No legs, cold blooded, carnivorous, has to eat very large meals and has to sleep them off as well, strong gag reflex, bad sight in light, scrawny arms, sleepy in the daytime, only two fingers and a thumb, among other debilitating traits...
    -aversion to killing - Is willing to do it, but really doesn't like it...
    -Insecure - No self confidence in himself and really nervous around others. Very self loathing for being a mutant and not a human... As good as he is at convincing people, he's really bad at talking with them and is quite shy...
    -Masked man - In order to hide his snakelike appearance, he wears a demonic mask to guise his face, large work gloves stuffed cotton, a XL hoodie to hide his body, Marionette legs to give the appearance of a human, and a large blanket to help conceal his tail... Unfortunately, the broken mask has the effect of making him seem untrustworthy when worn, so he has to be really good at persuading people to trust him...
    Starting Inventory:
    Colt M1911(no ammunition)
    2 packets of beef jerky
    3 lbs of raw ground beef (freshly ground, stored in resealable ziplock bags)
    2 Wooden scrap
    1 woodcarving knife

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Arra likes this.
  3. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-you have way more than 6traits
    -i think the special power is pretty much the mutation power, and the mutant trait is a statboost
    -instead of writing explanations by stats, put em into traits

4. Jareix Cryvix

Okay, will do...
    Also, should I put Serpentine as a Neutral trait, or as a +- trait?

5. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

For anything that strongly affects the character, i would use plus or minus.

6. Jareix Cryvix

Put it as two separate traits... Is this better you think?

7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Yes, now rg will also probably see something balance-wise.

8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Oh boy, I had a field day with this one. Firstly, by my count you have 66 total stat points when the max is 60, however I have been known to be terrible at counting. I'm not too partial to the demon mask thing, but I'd be willing to hear some other input on it before I make any kind of decision on that. Also, I gave out starting inventories for a reason, there's like way too much stuff there, plus the colt python is OP for a starter gun in my opinion.

zeskorion likes this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

Okay... I'll see to fix it real quick...
    Done I think? I rebalanced the state, changed apples to jerky, and omitted anything normally worn on him...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

i think the demon mask thing is not bad as long as it has no hidden powers aside from changing what it and only itself looks like, and is just a voice with no mind-powers

11. Jareix Cryvix

That's all it is... A guise to hide his face and a conversationalist that can drive him mad...

12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

now i know you, and your vision of mad involves some sort of underland chronicles-esque rager state. just gonna bring that up

DustyScabbard and Alkanthe like this.
  13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Just curious here but, where does that -7 on demolition come from. Other than that you still appear to have 62 stats points somehow (I'm not counting the racial stats in this either). Any particular reason you're giving yourself 0 Ammo? I mean you don't have to have it, I'm just curious as to why.

14. Jareix Cryvix

no, that's "having your mind torn apart". This is closer to the "hearing and seeing things that aren't really there while you think about whether or not you're still in reality as you cry yourself to sleep" kind of mad...
    are you sure? I'm pretty sure I rebalanced it to have 6 less stat points. I dunno, it was nearly midnight last night when I did...
    -7 demolition because the guy was never taught how to use explosives or anything... Can't even use a firecracker... And no ammo because either he'd have spent it all, and never went out to got any. Didn't find the gun case until after his family perished and then immediately wasted the ammunition trying to stay alive looking for shelter. Then realized that running away and hiding from things works better...

15. Jareix Cryvix

You sure? Because I'm counting 5+7=12-5=7+10=17+7=24+13=37+10=47+3=50-7=43+7=50
    Adding in the +4 racial boost still gives me 54...

Strength: 10[+3]
    Speed: 10[+3]
    Acrobatics: 12[+5]
    Endurance: 14[+7]
    Charisma: 2[-5]
    Persuasion: 17[+10]
    Intelligence: 14[+7]
    Fortitude: 20[+13]
    Crafting: 17[+10]
    Luck: 5[-2]
    Magick: 0
    Melee: 10[+3]
    Ranged: 7
    Demolition: 0[-7]
    Thievery: 14[+7]

16. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I don't think you can subtract stats. It was never said you could. And also the two [+3]s and the [-2] is applied before adding your 60 stat points.

17. Gilgamesh025

Gilgamesh025 Space Penguin Leader

The mask thing is a bit weird, it talks to him? I could see it if it was like Richthofen from Nazi zombies where you never hear or see the voices he's talking about, but he responds to them often anyway. But a character that speaks sounds like an NPC and idk where RGB stands on that one... I'll have to defer to his judgement here, it's his game

18. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

My brain is not physically capable of comprehending someone who cant figure out that fire would make firecrackers work. I'm pretty sure someone's pet cat could figure that out.

I'm counting 5+7+10+7+13+10+3+7 = 62, I don't know where that -7 or the -5 are coming from, but if I take them into account then they go into the total amount of stat points spent (Whether it's positive or negative) which would put you at 74 total points.

I let zesko subtract stats, although he did it within his traits and not within his stat point spending.

19. Gilgamesh025

Gilgamesh025 Space Penguin Leader

Okay guys I think Cryvix is trying to subtract stat points from his original base stat points and is not counting those as part of the 60 points, he's moving his base points around and the adding sixty after that. Looking at it that way it's not so confusing.

20. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I see, okay well In jareix's defense, I can see where you'd wanna do that based on games like fallout 3 & new veges (I also don't know if he's played those.) However, I find it to be confusing a a text-based sense and don't like it, which is why I didn't really want that to be a thing. Which I suppose I didn't make particularly clear in the OP, and I probably should.