1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

It must be a nice feeling...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ozaku, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

No - but there will always be users who see 'ooh, seventeen more posts and I'll get that trophy - lemme go quickly post a bunch of irrelevant stuff'.

LastDay likes this.
  2. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The thing is, a constructive well thought out post is just as likely, if not less likely to get likes than say, pointless witty posts or short social posts. All a trophy like that encourages is not posting outside of Off-topic or intentional "Like farming". And hell, there's people like me that, I'll use my TO profile as an example, are just social posters as I said and I rounded up just under 1500 posts on TO with only 300 likes. It would be impossible for me to even think about trying for the trophy without literally begging for likes.

Ghostar likes this.
  3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Yea it just hit me after thinking about it, I'm big in the Origins Clan and thats in the Clan section, an area that doesn't increase post count. Hm... so turning off the post count helps to get a trophy? Oh dear this is quite the dilemma...

4. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

Many members don't necessarily mean good things.

5. Cush

Cush Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not really fussed about the trophies, and I dont trash post anyway so its not like I need any encouragement :D

I would say it kind of does in this case, it means that quite a few people are initially interested in the game. If I made a forum for my game I'd be pretty damn chuffed to get 1500 people that are interested in a few days without advertising it myself.

Though a lot of people registering on here are from the Terraria goodbye message I'd imagine.

6. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Exactly, with areas of the forum that don't accumulate Post count but do accumulate Likes the Trophy is a wee bit pointless, in intention at least.

7. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I already talked to administration, all that needs to be done is for the Likes to be taken off that section as well. (If possible I'm not really a software person.)

8. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would be nice, though really at the end of the day when you think about it, it's all pretty well pointless. I post in the forum to enjoy myself, and while I enjoy getting trophy points as well, I enjoy posting my mindless babble more.

9. Nodscouter

Nodscouter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Still, that'd qualify as spam, wouldn't it? And adding the Quality over Quantity post would more encourage someone to pander everybodys personal tastes in an attempt to gain as many likes as possible.
    Plus, as long as you even have a post count, there'll be people who think that higher post counts = bigger e-peen.

10. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Well we are getting off topic, remember 1500 MEMBERS!

11. Nodscouter

Indeed. Let us celebrate!
    Let us hope this place turns out better than the Terraria forums!

12. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The same can be said with Likes really, a couple forums I use have them disabled for that exact reason.

Edit: Okies, Last post on this subject from me then :p

1500 Members, wooooo!

13. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

1511*! :p

Ghostar likes this.
  14. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

Well, why include it? It literally servers no purpose.

15. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

Not even a week yet!
    great job starbound fans! Now lets keep that positive energy flowing, so the devs can be charged up with our enthusiasm!

WelshPixie and Ghostar like this.
  16. Nodscouter

Mostly for fun. It's like achievements, something to strive for (Although high post count really isn't something to strive for) and once you get one, it's just there for decoration more or less.

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

^This guy has the right idea! You see that TIY! We are ALL excited for this game!

Jermex likes this.
  18. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

I AM NOT JUST EXCITED, I AM...PUMPED UP!!!
    Pump it up! :cool:

Ghostar likes this.
  19. Ozaku

Ozaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

NNNNNNNNG.

[​IMG]

I have failed you all, I'm very sorry.

20. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Congrats man ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.