Feedback Issues with stardew valley multiplayer i have experienced

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Joii, May 11, 2018.

1. Joii

Joii Space Hobo

1) Money should not be shared if upgrades are not such as equipment and things that only help one of the players. I would suggest either having money kept separate so that this doesn't happen and have a shared pot or a "bank" of some sort. or keep money shared but share equipment upgrades like a new axe showing up in the mail or some kind of chest in that players personal house.
    2) Shared map-wide audio, i've noticed this a lot during the playthrough with my friends and it is very distracting, i'm sure you're working on a way to make the audio client side i just thought i'd make this anyway

Other than this i cannot think of any major pointers. i will edit this post with more as i come across things.

UltimateFlames likes this.
    • insanebadger

insanebadger Intergalactic Tourist

as for the upgrades, you can put your gear inside a chest and a teammate can take it out and use. I did this for one of my friends who joined my group late. so since i wasn't using the pick very often and he loves going into the mines i gave him my pick and i took his.

• Joii

Joii Space Hobo

I mean maybe that works but it seems like it would be so much easier to upgrade everyone’s so you don’t have to swap equipment out all the time if someone wants to do something but that’s just me. It’s more of an annoyance for me because of the money thing tbh.

• Myrkana

Myrkana Void-Bound Voyager

Gold is meant to be shared because otherwise it wouldn't be coop, it would be a typical versus game :p without shared money the players have no reason to interact. You and your friends need to talk it out and decided who gets the upgrades first :p upgrade say one watering can and pass it around.

You have 2,3, or 4x the money making abilities with extra people so upgrading tools should not be hard at all.

with 2 people (host and 1 other) we have a copper pick, copper watering can, copper axe, each of us ahve 1 first bag upgrade/and have the 2nd sprinklers(the ones that water 8 spots) all over our farm by day 15 of summer year 1. We play casually btw :p You need to actually work together, not be selfish, this is coop not a me me game.

edit: oh and we're on 75% so we're making less money than normal.