Modding Help Issues with custom elemental resistances

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by soldierfast90, Jul 23, 2019.

1. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

(SOLVED)

So for the last few days I've been attempting to diagnose the issues with resistance values not working. I have tested this with both monsters and NPCs but neither appear to actually be affected by damage resistance values from a dummy test weapon with the new elemental stat.

elementalTypes.config.patch
    Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "add",
        "path": "/gic_melee",
        "value" : {"resistanceStat" : "gic_meleeResistance"}
      },
      {
        "op": "add",
        "path": "/gic_melee/damageNumberParticles",
        "value" :{
          "hit" : "gic_meleedamagenumber",
          "stronghit" : "gic_meleedamagenumberstrong",
          "weakhit" : "gic_meleedamagenumberweak",
          "shieldhit" : "gic_meleedamagenumber",
          "kill" : "gic_meleedamagenumber"
        }
      }

The .damage file. The sound effects and others removed for length reasons. Already checked over with a checker. No issue.
    Code:
      "kind" : "gic_melee",
      "elementalType" : "gic_melee",
    -snipeffects-

I've followed through with what Frackin' Universe sets as an example. Particle damage numbers and elemental interface images as well.

The issue has been plaguing me as I cannot seem to be able to have the enemies be affected by the custom resistances despite the base elements working fine with resistances.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's damn frustrating now.

Addendum +30 minutes: The dummy weapon used was a gun with standardbullet as the projectile and the custom element as the element type. 2 custom NPCs were used to compare from no resistances to the other npc with a half resistance. Both same dmg results despite elemental resistance.

Addendum 2: After some fiddling the monster resistances work fine. NPCs still don't.

Addendum 3: Nevermind.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019