1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Issue with Meteors on Moons

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Xlaits, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xlaits

Xlaits Void-Bound Voyager

I keep getting this error when a player attempts to land on a moon, and stays on the surface long enough for a meteor to crash down.

Code:
    Error: WorldServerThread exception caught: (MapException) Key 'villager' not found in Map::get()
    [0] 10b8bea
    [1] 10b6068
    [2] 109b1f0
    [3] c6b5d4
    [4] c76443
    [5] c763aa
    [6] c6fe5e
    [7] c68b09
    [8] c68d06
    [9] ef0c09
    [10] eebd8d
    [11] d3cc33
    [12] d38f2d
    [13] d6819c
    [14] d67f2e
    [15] 10c8bd1
    [16] 743938f4 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [17] 772b5de3 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
    [18] 772b5dae RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
    Error: UniverseServer: World thread has stopped due to an error, removing world CelestialWorld:924876753:-413581879:-279855452:11

2. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

are you using any mods? multiplayer or single player? nightly, unstable, or stable?

3. Xlaits

Mostly character mods, and a few others. I'll post a comprehensive list when I have more time. And stable, Multiplayer. EVERYONE on the server is having that issue.

4. BreakingForce

is the server using the most recent version of sb (glad giraffe as of post)? anything you can think of that would affect the placement of villagers? or meteors?

5. Xlaits

Yes, it's the most recent. And no, not at all. I'll open a single-player world and try it there, see if I get the same result.

6. Xlaits

Mods list:
    Code:
    Amethystumns robodog
    Avali-2.4.0
    felin_objplus
    felins
    Gardenbot2
    Hylian Weapons of Legend
    kazdra
    kineptic
    lopunny
    lucario
    mantizi
    mousqutaire
    NudityOverhaul
    Orcana
    Peglaci
    sergals
    Super SBG Race Mod
    Vulpes
    xbawks
    Item Frame v1.2
    kirhos
    Remove Touch Damage v1.0

7. BreakingForce

so a glitch pet, gardenbots, zelda weapons, nudity, a character creator screen mod, no touch damage, and a ton of races, right? the only mod i'm not seeing (with a cursory search) in the official repository is "item frame v1.2". what's it do?

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

That does not seem to be a vanilla bug, but a map generation error caused by a mod(or mods).

Look within those mods at whatever changes biomes because something is trying to add a villager(and presumably a whole village) to the moon. If you don't want to look through them, just disable them one by one.

When you find the offending mod, contact the mod author on their discussion page and provide the log there(probably the whole thing).

Now I'm not sure what the tie in to meteor showers is, as I believe the meteors are just spawned projectiles.

9. Xlaits

It's exactly what it sounds like. It adds frames so you can mount weapons to the walls.

True. I'll try doing the 2nd thing in single player, and see if I can weed it out. I have a feeling it's either Orcana, Manziti or SBG...

10. Xlaits

So, After searching all the biome folders of every mod, wiping a bunch of unused races and such, I'm still having this issue.

Removed all my mods. Stupid idea, since my main was a modded character. Now that specific mod won't work... However, with an admin character I went to a moon. NO meteors at ALL.

F*ck me...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  11. thegamemaster1234

thegamemaster1234 Void-Bound Voyager

A bit of a necro, but I'm suffering from the same issue. As soon as a meteor hits on a moon (this meteor spawns within the first 5 seconds after beaming down, often within the first second or earlier) I'm forced out, and a "can't get 'villager' key" thing appears in the log once it lands. It makes no sense. I checked all of my mods and none of them do anything with meteors in any way, so something's up. This happens on any planet with meteor showers, as I tested on both a regular lifeless planet and an FU one. All in stable. And the meteors don't stop. Changing the time doesn't change the weather.

In a vanilla universe, no such meteor shower occurred, although it does appear in the game files.

EDIT: I think I might have found something. In SBG, there's a file called "droppodtest" that has the same texture as a meteor, and spawns a villager. However, this is spawning on moons, which are not capable of supporting such things.
    I'm convinced this is the cause. Look at this:
    Code:
      "actionOnReap" : [
      {
      "action" : "spawnmonster",
      "type" : "villager",
      "offset" : [0, 0],
      "arguments" : {
      "aggressive" : true
      }
      }
      ],
    It's in the projectile's code. What's even more irritating is that despite being called a "test", it's still in the game and obviously doing something and causing really really irritating issues!

EDIT2: yup, that was it. commenting out that bit of code made all those silly meteor things just hit the gound silently :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.