Issue with Bus Sprite

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lessdenied, Jun 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lessdenied

lessdenied Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi all!

I loaded up SDV tonight and was wondering around, only to find that the bus sprite seems to have changed. I'm running the CP versions of both Flower Valley and Eemie's map recolor, so the bus should be looking all fancy and flower-fied--instead I've got a weird Joja Cola sign I've never seen before. At first I thought maybe the location of the bus had moved with the latest beta update, but it still seems to be on the springoutdoors tilesheet.

1. Any idea what's up? Here's my smapi log in case it helps, but I didn't see any errors!

upload_2018-6-21_22-38-28.png

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

question: the bus also exists on an xnb sheet called Cursors.xnb, which should be in Content/LooseSprites. I know Flower Valley & Eemie's map both patch the cursors.xnb file, are you getting any errors, or have you installed any other mods that modify cursors.xnb? (I am by no means an expert, but if you did, then that might be why it looks weird). Sometimes if you have multiple CP mods editing the same files, from what I understand there's currently no way to set load order, so sometimes it'll give up and load the default of that file, which is what it sounds/looks like what's happening here. Since that bus is the vanilla/default bus in-game. Hope that makes sense! ^^;;

EDIT: errors meaning if you go to http://log.smapi.io and upload your most recent smapi log (it has directions on how to find it on the website), does it tell you if there are any errors.

EDIT again: derp I didn't see you had already up'd your log. Usually when the thing I was talking about above happens, there will at least be a line in your log to the effect of "xx mod and yy mod both edit the file blah.xnb, defaulting to vanilla file instead" so that's not what's going on...hope you can get it figured out! Sorry I couldn't be more help ^^;;;;

lessdenied likes this.
      • lessdenied

lessdenied Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh that's interesting--I had no idea the bus was on cursors as well! I just took at look at it, and sure enough, the bus sprite is there! It's the vanilla sprite, though--not the one with the Joja Cola banner, which doesn't look vanilla to me? It's almost like I've got another mod in there somewhere that's editing that tilesheet or something.

That was VERY helpful, though, thank you! At least I know a bit better what I'm looking for!

EDIT: I got it! Was the vintage menu interface. Just deleted that bit of the png and it's fine now. Thanks so much for pointing out the bus on the cursors sprite as well. :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
          putaytoe likes this.
        • putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

No problem, I'm glad my babbling was some help, lol! :3

lessdenied likes this.