1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Issue With 1.4 Blocky Clothing Texture

Discussion in 'Support' started by ArsonistSK, Apr 25, 2020.

1. ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

When starting up Stardew Valley today for the first time since 1.4 came out I found that the clothing options when you start a new game, not the ones you can make, appear blocky and striped strangely. I saw another post about this bug here that was marked as resolved, but the way they fixed it was removing a shirt mod (Sailor Shirts or something) that wasn't compatible. I don't have that, or any, mods that change the farmers shirts or appearance however, but the bugs still present.
    There were two others on that post I mentioned earlier who had the same issue an no response was given to them.
    Has a fix been found since or a different mod that corrects it been made? Any help would be appreciated.

• HalloweenKitten13

HalloweenKitten13 Orbital Explorer

I'm having this issue too! I can't figure it out. Also had an issue with some of the new clothing items appearing as invisible (uninstalling Spacecore solved that, but not the block clothing at all). I don't have the Sailor mod either.

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

I actually figured out my issue! If you've got any kind of mod that changes the farmer's sprite or clothes, or even if it just has the ability to, it'll mess it up. My issue was a mod that allowed me to change sprites without editing the xnbs (cant recall the title right now.) Pretty much anything that alters the farmer, in any way, breaks the clothes from my testing. I dont know if theres a way to fix it without deleteing the issue entirely though. What I did was add each of my mods in one at a time to see what the issue was. Its boring and slow, but it works.

• HalloweenKitten13

I decided to uninstall all of my mods to start, and found that SMAPI seems to believe I still had two mods running. The color block was still an issue, so I'm guessing there are some mods I need to track down and uninstall.

The only suspect I can think of that SMAPI keeps bringing up is Kisekae, but I uninstalled that a couple days ago, and SMAPI claimed to have skipped over the Kisekae mod when I booted the game with all mods uninstalled.

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

If you had Kisekae uninstalled it shouldn't have said anything. Smapi shouldn't have had anything to skip over, so I think that's your issue right there. You may have only partially removed it. I'd reccomend going through your mod AND content folder to make sure nothing's still kicking around from Kisekae.

• HalloweenKitten13

I found it in the game files on Steam. Sadly that didn't quite fix it. I'm might go through the game files and try to see if I can find anything. Could it be something in-game?

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

I don't believe so. Do you have any mods that weren't saved in your mods folder, but just replaced the xnb files directly? A lot of portrait/sprite mods just have you replace the original file with theirs. Any farmer hair or accessory mods you remember downloading? Like I said anything that can change the farmer, even if it's not in use or a shirt mod, breaks the shirts. I had a custom hair mod I made myself that gave me the shirt bug.

• HalloweenKitten13

I don't. I upload my mods to Moddrop and use that to launch Stardew with SMAPI. I do have hat, hair, and an updated clothing mod, but uninstalling those didn't seem to change anything. Oddly enough, when I used the CBJ item spawner to check on the new clothes, only a few looked like normal shirts. The rest of the additional clothes and the vanilla clothes all looked like one or two-toned color blocks - not remotely shirt-shaped like the last four additional shirts. I wish I knew where to look. What gets me is that once I uninstalled all the mods, including any hidden mods, the issue persisted.

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

Hmm... I don't use Moddrop so any issues with that are going to be beyond me. At this point I would just do a total uninstall. I would manually delete everything in your Stardew Valley folder, then uninstall the game through steam, then reinstall it. I've had an issue before where simply uninstalling just redownload broken files, but this way it has to create new ones. I'd also recommend keeping a copy of your unmodded content folder just in case. After that make sure Stardew Valley is running smoothly then add the mods one at a time until you find the culprit. It's a pretty extreme way of doing it, and it takes a little while, but it's never failed me in the past. Itll make sure everything everything is as updated and clean as can be.

• HalloweenKitten13

It worked! Thank you so much! None of my mods were the issue, but reinstalling the game fixed it. Thank you thank you!

• ArsonistSK

ArsonistSK Big Damn Hero

Woohoo! So glad to help!