1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Issue: Risk of Rain Won't Boot Due to Color

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarRobo, Oct 9, 2015.

1. StarRobo

StarRobo Master Chief

I've run into some trouble since I just started to run the game. I try to launch the game but I'm greeted with a white box in the middle of the screen and the message, "This program requires 16-bit (High Color) or 32-bit (Fully Color) mode. Please change this in your display properties and run again." Hitting the "OK" button just closes the program. This has never happened before, nor have I changes my color settings since I last played. I tried to reinstall to no avail. Anyone know how to fix this?

Version: Steam - latest Risk of Rain version (I believe it's 1.2.8 from a quick search)
    Nothing has changed that I would know of since the last time I booted the game. It wasn't long ago either. I believe I last played the game a week or two ago.

I've attached the image of the error with the white screen to the thread if anyone wants to take a look.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    • bkroo

bkroo Yeah, You!

If you're posting bug reports, especially for games with multiple versions/operating systems/releases, you generally also want to include info such as:

* Which version of the game is it? (Steam, dev website, version number)
      * What OS are you running?
      * What changed since last time you played (new computer? etc).

• StarRobo

StarRobo Master Chief

Updated the thread. I totally forgot to include the info - thanks for the reminder.