1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved (Issue) Long load after server change (solved)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ThatOtherKid, Mar 25, 2019.

1. ThatOtherKid

ThatOtherKid Void-Bound Voyager

I have tried searching all over for a solution but have yet to find the fix for a new server taking longer to load compared to a previous server.

From what I can tell, the assets take longer to load, and this also causes slow loading times for all types of travel (beaming to and from ship, death, planet to planet flight).

Both computers used an SSD for the server application, also it used to take 120+ seconds to load assets until I used "run as admin" which helped cut down the launch time by a lot.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The new server seems to be running on a 32bit system which *can* cause some performance issues. If you dont run the server as admin and getting high loading times then most likely the AV-Software of windows (Windows Defender) can interfere and scan everything on access.
    I'd recommend upgrading to a 64bit system (or if you have a 64bit system then run the server inside the win64 folder) and putting the starbound folder to the exception list of the AV-Software.

3. ThatOtherKid

ThatOtherKid Void-Bound Voyager

Just thought I would post with a final note. Originally I had been under the impression that the only way to launch the server was using the launcher under the win32 folder as the 64-bit version game a "msvcp140.dll" error.
    it was a windows program that had not been installed correctly. After reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable I was able to launch the 64-bit server file. My assets still seem to load slightly slow (15 seconds) but the game play seems a lot smoother.

Thank you for the quick help, put me on the correct path to fixing it all.