1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Issue connecting to remote server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Symmasolan, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symmasolan

Symmasolan Big Damn Hero

So I'm having issues connecting, as per the title. I've opened just about everything I can on the firewall of the server. It is properly listening for traffic and such as well. I've been trying to find anything I can to fix this. All the guides on the wiki and the other posts on the forums didn't seem to guide me in the right direction, so I'm hoping dropping my console log here will help somehow.
    Side note, I've got a good number of mods running. That shouldn't matter though(?) for just trying to connect. I've changed very little from the default server.conf other than IP related bits.

If for some reason anybody wants to try connecting to it, I'll leave the server running for the time being.

If it would help, I can gather more information as needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Is the server behind a router? If yes is the router set to forward the traffic to the server?

3. Symmasolan

Symmasolan Big Damn Hero

The server is a linux server from linode.

I can change everything about it if need be.

At the moment i'm using iptables for the firewall. I've made sure that I followed linode's little guide on how to set up a dedicated server using steamCMD, including the firewall rules and such.
    I also took a look at the starbound specific guide that's up for dedicated server setup, and changed my firewall rules accordingly. Granted, I'm definitely no pro at figuring out what all the firewall rules mean.

I'll double check right now to make sure the rules are all as correct as I think I can make them.

Doing an nmap 'ping', I might've found out that it was totally my firewall as it stands. If I run in to any more issues, I'll post here again.

21025 is the port, and it needs to be forwarded, not just accept input, correct?

I fixed my issue. It was just me not entirely understanding how iptables works.

Thanks for the help either way

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.