1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed is there going to be a price increase on starbound when beta is released?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mazeman911, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazeman911

Mazeman911 2.7182818284590...

Due to personal issues, i may not be able to pay for Starbound before it comes out. and i have several purchasing questions:

-is the beta going to be available on steam?

-is the price going to increase on beta release? i've seen this happen in minecraft (if you think this will give the devs any ideas then dont tell them >.>)

- is there going to be some kind of prepaid card for starbound on beta release?

2. Beta is expected to be on steam as said on the FAQ.

Right now we have no information on that.

Again, no information on that.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

1. Yes.

2. Last I heard, it's cheaper to pre-order than to buy the full game. I don't know if that applies to the beta, so it's possible that it will remain the same price after it launches.

3. Highly unlikely. The devs have said nothing to indicate it. It would make more sense to just have people use an accepted payment method instead of making dedicated prepaid cards

4. Mazeman911

Alright. the only reason i put the third question there was in case the beta was not on steam, so now that i know that the beta will be available via steam, simply purchasing a steam pre-paid card would do the trick :)

5. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its always cheaper to preorder, because you don't have any idea how the final product will be. Therefor betting and helping the game! At least thats what i think :3

thepuppetjak likes this.
  6. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

Yea you never know and this always comes with a price... anyway I just pre-ordered right away ... I think I'm a bit too impulsive.

7. Intigracy

Intigracy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Of course it will have a price increase, they're trying to follow trendy, more successful studios who sold the game before it's released and then raised the price later.

8. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome my friend! To the world of the unknown! <insert happy music here>

9. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

what about prison architect. Isn't the release price supposed to be lower than the $30 price tag for the beta?

10. Mazeman911

eh.... maybe the price wont increase on beta, but on release, like minecraft?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.