1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there going to be a new official race at the 1.0 release?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jacob77339, Jul 14, 2016.

1. jacob77339

jacob77339 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As the question states, I noticed that the arc for the teleport pad has 1 face for every race made so far, and one still blank. Anyone have the same thoughts as me?

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion.

As for a on topic answer: I don't think there's plans for race #8 upon 1.0 release... Or at all. As far as I am aware.

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I think a long time ago they said there would be a possibility of another race added post-launch, but that was back in 2012 or something so maybe they've changed their mind.

4. Hel

Back in 2012 they could have meant about the Novakids? Cus they didn't exist in 2012 I didn't think. I thought back then there was only 6.

Finn Learson likes this.
  5. jacob77339

jacob77339 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Darn, was kinda excited to think i might of brought a new topic to light, Close the thread i guess :x

6. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Hel, did you just change your pic again? It takes more than that to escape the past! :fireball:

7. Hel

I've been known to change it a lot often. I don't even keep one for a week at a time. If I do, either I really like it, or something's wrong.

Another Kevin likes this.
  8. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Ah, this was after the novakids. So it must have been 2013. It was the announcement of the novakids (which were designed by fans) that caused the discussion, people were interested to know if the developers would ever accept another fan-made race. As i remember their answer was "Not before 1.0", so it's still possible.

9. Hel

If. and its a big if another race was gonna be added that's fan made. I think the Avali's (or however its spelt) will take it. They're immensely popular.

10. Both the devs and the creator(s) of avali have expressed disinterest in adding them to the base game.

Finn Learson and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
  11. Hel

Ah. I figured if one would be added that was fan made it would be those critters..

The more you know...