Modding Help Is there anyway to change animals buying price at marnie's?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HugooMagnaa, Jul 8, 2020.

1. HugooMagnaa

HugooMagnaa Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there!

One of my most favorite mods is PARITEE'S BETTER FARM ANIMAL VARIETY mod. Actually, it broke at 1.4, altough there's an unofficial update for it here, one of the features i used the most was changing the price animals would cost at marnie's shop.
    For example: making chicken's cost 400G instead of 800G, or cows cost 750G instead of 1500G.

This information is hard-coded in SDV and i cannot change it via XNB files.

Do anyone knows another mod which has this feature? Would there be any other way to edit this info via XNB editing?

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Well I did find that you can "Replace" the animal information for the vanilla animals (i saw after looking at the content.json for (BFAV) My Cuter Farm Animals)
      But this looks like a paaaaaaaaain if you wanna keep the original sprites haha. I'm gonna see if its simpler than it looks but yeah I tried looking everywhere for a mod that specifically changes the price and couldnt find one =/

Edit: I have confirmed that you CAN change the price of vanilla animals :D!!! Now trying to find a way to do so without changing the sprites!

Edit 2: It doesn't change the price of Vanilla chickens, it just adds chickens to the original chicken menu, but they can be a different price lol. Time for more research :rofl:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
      • HugooMagnaa

I really appreciate your efforts! Thank you!!!
        If you discover anything new, lemme know pls!

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Well I did find that I can change the prices, but when I try to mess with Blue chickens they became instantly available in the shop, and same with void chickens ^^" other than that it is totally possible to change their prices :) I'm gonna try to do all the animals then I'll upload what I have here ^^

HugooMagnaa likes this.
          • HugooMagnaa

You're awesome! Thank you very much.
            You did it with BFAV ou have you used another method?

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Yes I'm using BFAV :)

Edit: Phew Jesus this is alot of trial and error because i am not a modder xD

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
              • cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

Okay so I can now change prices of vanilla animals :) (Excluding Blue Chickens. When you unlock those they will end up being their original price)

BUT I found a small problem. i can only make animals in higher tier Barns and Coops available for ONE TYPE of barn or coop. so Like, you can buy Goats and put them in a regular Barn when the requirement for them is supposed to be the Big Barn or I can make it where you can ONLY build them in the Big Barn, it wont use Deluxe x.x"

Edit: Here's what I have so far for the meantime, feel free to mess around with it :D or if you don't care that you can buy goats and pigs for a regular small barn, then it should be ready to use haha
                To change the prices, go into the content.json. Search the animal using "Ctrl+F" to make it easier on yourself haha.
                On a line that looks like this: "Data": "1/10/430/-1/pig/24/64/84/64/24/64/84/64/1/false/Barn/32/32/32/32/20/5/null/640/16000/Pig/Barn",

just change the number on the left side of Pig. so the end should look like 8000/Pig/Barn or whatever you want the number to be! (Or just tell me what you want the prices to be and I can do it for you :) )

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but like I said, I'm not a modder haha. This is just for "until that happens" :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
                  HugooMagnaa likes this.
                • HugooMagnaa

I wish LOL community was as kind as SDV's one. You're all awesome! Gonna test it right away.
                  Thankyou very much!!!

Edit 1: About goats and pigs avaiable in regular barn, that's no problem at all, at least not for me. That was something i was already goin' to do if i could edit BFAV's Config file anyway hahaha

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

oh cool :rofl: glad I could help :D