Is there any way to see what mods were used on a save?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by katgirl28888, Mar 25, 2020.

1. katgirl28888

katgirl28888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey all! So back in December, my laptop broke. It took me a few months to save up money and buy a new one, and it wasn't until after I'd already gotten the bulk of my data off my old laptop and sent it in to the insurance folk. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me until I went to redownload Stardew Valley that I no longer have any of my mods. I'm pretty bummed about this, because I spent a long time curating and configuring them.

The game has updated since I last played, but even so, I'm worried my save will break if I try to play it without (as many of) the same mods (as I can). Is there any way I can use the save file to tell what mods it last loaded with? Normally, I'd check a SMAPI log, but I think they were all lost with my old computer.

EDIT: By sheer luck, I found a (partial, I think) list of mods SMAPI loaded because I uploaded a log to a Discord server that I was able to redownload. I think my question is still a valid curiosity, so I'll leave it up, even though my problem is (mostly) resolved.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020