Modding Help Is there any way to get the correct coordinates of a location?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Galebourn, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm working on a mod right now and want to place a character at a certain location, but I can't figure out how to get the exact coordinates. When I use tIDE, for example, it only shows times, but the game uses pixels or something.
    I'd like to know the coordinates of this tile:

upload_2016-3-27_20-35-28.png

• Mitschu

Mitschu Yeah, You!

[​IMG]

(Hopefully the image works, new to the forums. Just in case it doesn't:)

Essentially, unless I'm misunderstanding your request, you have to hover over or select the tile, and then in the bottom left, to the right of the tile picker, will be a little info bar that tells you Pos[coord, coord] of the current target.

Edit: Incidentally, just in case you can't see the image for any reason, the coords for the tile you requested seem to be x = 109, y = 55.

I haven't explored too far with this, other than creating a new entrance on my farm to the beach just to see what happens, but it seems as though those are the numbers it's requesting - when I plugged in "fromX fromY toMapName toX toY" to the list of valid warps, the numbers I used were those digits in the bottom left, and they worked right without any manipulation.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
      • Galebourn

Thank you for the answer, but I tried that before.
        For example, when you open the Sewer map, the place where Krobus stands is 31, 17 in tIDE. However, when you edit the savegame file, his location is <Position><X>1984</X><Y>1088</Y></Position>.
        I want to add a new NPC through savegame edits, but I can't find a proper position for him.

Edit:
        Weirdly enough, it doesn't matter what coordinates I put in, my NPC always stands at the same place:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
        • Jaena

Jaena Orbital Explorer

No idea if this'll help you out or not, but Krobus' position in the save file is his tIDE position times 64.

31 x 64 = 1984

17 x 64 = 1088

Maybe other NPC's follow the same rule??

Mariyume likes this.
          • Galebourn

That works, thank you very much!