Is there any NPC you (or your character) really can't stand?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, Apr 19, 2017.

1. springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Alex. Nearly every time my characters talk to him, the conversation leaves them wanting to bang their heads against the nearest hard surface, repeatedly.

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

How could you forget chocolate...
      (I so want to grow a cocoa tree plantation.)

Tamsin likes this.
      • Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

HOW did I forget the chocolate! I was even eating a chocolate bunny before writing that... so add cocoa onto the list, along with herbs and spices. I want to grow some seasoning!

• Tamsin

Tamsin Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love cocoa trees, and products based on cocoa butter and cocoa powder. I'd also like to see teas included - including medicinal teas.

But on topic...quite a few of the villagers have traits that don't appeal to me, some more so than others. I don't like Shane's continued drinking; I hate the way Lewis treats Marnie; Clint's constant "poor me" attitude is grating; Pierre's aggressive "small businessman promotional" persona isn't something I'd want to be around a lot, but I don't hold it against him. The same is true of Alex's "jock" persona. I feel like I could call him out on some of his more obnoxious comments and that he'd have the maturity to deal with that OK. Caroline seems overly-whiny and negative about both Pierre and Abigail - especially since she criticizes Abigail for some of the same personality characteristics that I assume she found attractive in Rasmodius ;).

Abigail, Sam, and Sebastian just seem like typical adolescents to me - so I wouldn't have any interest in hanging out with them, but have hope that they'll eventually grow out of some of their annoying characteristics, lol.

For the most part, I just see all of the villagers as folks much like the rest of us - people with both appealing and not-so-appealing characteristics. And the not-so-appealing characteristics are something I tend to chalk up to being human (even in the case of pixielated humans!).

The only character I actively dislike is Haley - I've gone through all heart events with her and from my perspective, her core persona never changes in any meaningful way. If I do another play-through I simply won't pay any attention to her at all.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Not really no, everyone's got their upsides and downsides.

• zmakqp

zmakqp Space Hobo

It bothers me SO much that Caroline complains about Abigail’s purple hair when she has bright green hair.

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Star Wrangler

I think the only character I don't like very much is Pam. I get so tired of her dialogue involving alcohol so much, and when she isn't talking about alcohol, she's talking about food or being unhappy.

Wait, I just remember Pierre. He also gets on my nerves for the same exact reason. He's not quite as annoying as Pam though.

• Mika134

Mika134 Space Hobo

The main shop keeper guy. I literally can't even remember his name he's sooooo unbelievably boring. His wife and Abi are great though. I thought Jeff was dull in Harvest Moon but at least he sort-of had a personality and a cute design.

Lol have you seen the weird theory about her cheating on boring shop keeper guy with the wizard? If that ws true then Abi's purple hair probably bothers her mother because it reminds her of what she did.

• zmakqp

zmakqp Space Hobo

That would make sense, but you think she would at least have the sense to know how ridiculous it sounds when she complains about it to any of the townspeople who don’t know of the wizard’s existence. I mean how can she not notice how hypocritical she sounds? I don’t hate her, she just gets on my nerves sometimes.

• PorcelainCompletionist

PorcelainCompletionist Lucky Number 13

Leah. LEAH. LEAH STOP TALKING ABOUT SAnD. I'M nOT INTEREsTeD

• MomoHoney

MomoHoney Aquatic Astronaut

I have a love/hate relationship with Sebastian. On one hand his depression is transparent and a lot of his behaviour can be attributed to it. On the other hand, that's not an excuse for acting like a jerk to his family. He is jealous of his sister and talks badly about her when she's shown herself to be nothing but nice. Robin clearly loves him but he keeps banging on about how no one cares about him. Even Demetrius put some effort into their relationship judging by the books found in the parental bedroom (“Practical Tips For First-Time Step Dads”) and I've never heard him talk badly of Sebastian, but the latter seems to hate him.

I want to simultaneously give this boy a hug and a good, hard lecture about his delusions. He's like a less severe Shane, but I oddly find Shane more tolerable because his mental health situation is so critical I cannot take offense to the rudeness.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

How in the world did I miss this thread?

Shane or Pam, because of the alcohol dependency. I don't like people who use alcohol as a coping mechanism, although I do understand being in a job you HATE and feeling trapped in. Haley and Alex bother me too, still wondering if you get friendship increase when it's "Haley is ignoring you'...

• Arlem

Arlem Void-Bound Voyager

Sebastian. And Shane a bit.

It's quite personal; I'm tremendously annoyed with people that are rude towards me when I didn't even expressed myself properly. Like, be rude towards me when you get to know me. When you see my ideas, views, thoughts and beliefs and say "Yeah, I don't like him because of *insert an argumented reason*". What is the point of pushing people away when you didn't even get to know them? Fear of being hurt? I think one is more hurt by isolating themselves from others instead of actually being hurt by others.

I don't like the "basement-dwellers", isolation, immaturity, nor the unnecessary rudeness towards others.

I'm also not quite fond of the "I hate life" and "I hate people, no one understands me" attitude; I feel that the amounts of negativity they have (at least at the beginning. Developed Shane is a bro I would gladly die for) are crippling and I really don't want to bathe in it. I'm avoiding people like that irl too.

I don't mind drinkers. Hell, I will even join you! But the alcoholic coping mechanism is just what I don't want anyone to experience, nor I want to be in that hell hole myself.

Sebastian, on the other hand, will always be 0 or accidental 1 hearts in my every playthrough.

I have been surrounded by negativity my whole life and it is draining. It ruined everything I worked for, and now I don't want anything to do with it. So, yeah.