1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Is there a way to solve this w/o deleting my world?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Maggle, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Maggle

Maggle Space Hobo

I was renovating my primary base on a planet, as one does, and was suddenly teleported to my ship. Can't teleport to that base's teleporter and when I beam to the planet and get close to my base I am sent back up again. As long as I stay away from the base I can chill on the planet.

Did some digging around online and it is obvious my game encountered some object or something else that it couldn't find and safely sent me to my ship. I'm looking at the log and I can't make any sense of it. I see a bunch of "[ERROR]" things in there, but not sure what any of it means.

Easy fix is to delete this planet or just move on and never return, only problem is that I have ALL OF MY LOOT and every single one of my extraction and crafting things inside this base (all of my eggs are in this basket). I don't want to set up shop somewhere else after sinking 140 hours into building up what I have especially when this could just happen again and again.

So, can some beautiful individual take a look at the log and hopefully have some sage advice for what I can do that doesn't involve abandoning all my stuff? I've included the log from when I load the game and beam to the base and then quit. If any other information is needed outside of the log I am happy to provide, thank you so much.

Attached Files:

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved to a more appropriate place. (;

3. Maggle

Maggle Space Hobo

Thank you!! :)

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Its a mod issue with enhanced storage. I suggest reporting it to the author. Tho its weird that this issue isnt fixed by now...i commented on this exact same issue myself 2 years ago or sth.
    I assume the indicator you placed for your storage is close to a FU object which is internally classified as a 0-sized storage. This makes the indicator go nuts.

Removing the mod is probably not a good idea either because all of your storage will lose the contents that is in the slots above the normal slot count.
    I also provided a fix in this discussion which i suspected was already in the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731220462/3223871682618709354/

Might be worth a try.

5. Maggle

Maggle Space Hobo

To quote your reply on that topic:

How do I find the capacitylevelindicator script and how does one edit it? I've looked extensively through my folders and I'm assuming it's saved in Steam's workshop files (maybe?) but I'm unable to edit any .pak files to find out.

P.S. Thank you so much for replying, I was beginning to lose hope that there existed a potential remedy. You are best. ❤❤❤

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I was opening them with notepad and saw a bunch of weird symbols and junk so I assumed the entire .pak file was like that, but upon scrolling down in it I find exactly that line. I'm editing it now and will update if it works for me.

Edit 2: So, I dunno what happened... I found the line and edited it, launched the game and it would crash before I even see the Chucklefish logo. So, I go back into the .pak to look and see if maybe I did something wrong and I can't find that line anymore! ??? I even copied the folder before I edited it to make a safe back up and the backup doesn't have the line anymore either. ??? How?? I'm so confused. I unsubscribed from the Enhanced Storage mod and resubscribed so it would redownload, which makes the game load fine (same issue at my base of course) but the .pak of the new file is still missing that line. How is this even possible?

Edit 3: Okay, I was able to find the line by opening the .pak with wordpad isntead of notepad, changed it and I'm getting dumped from the game again before I even see that laughing fish. :(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. Iris Blanche

Do not edit the pak file directly. You need to first unpack it with tthe asset unpacker in order to get the files from it. By editing it directly with notepad or any other texteditor you will corrupt the file.
    If i find the time i tomorrow i can create you a small enhancement for the mod which changes the behaviour in order to fix the issue you're encountering.

7. Maggle

Maggle Space Hobo

I truly appreciate the offer, however I couldn't ask someone to do that for me, so I dove into it and was able to make a hotfix for it myself using your replacement line of code (not too bad considering I've never done this sort of thing before).

I've included the replacement .pak that is the enhanced storage mod with only that one line changed in case someone else encounters this issue and is scouring the Internet for a solution and needs a quick fix.

Thank you so much, Iris Blanche! *deep bow of gratitude*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2019
  8. Iris Blanche

Im sorry that i have to remove the attachment but it technically counts as asset-redistribution of the mod itself which isnt allowed by the mod author.

9. Maggle

Maggle Space Hobo

Whoops! Don't wanna get myself in trouble. Thanks though for all of your help! Pretty simple fix, not sure why the mod author hasn't fixed this themselves.

10. Iris Blanche

Maybe too much to do or wasnt able to reproduce it. But im glad that i could help ^-^