1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to release a animal from its capture pod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sollari, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sollari

Sollari Space Hobo

I was messing around with the capture pods I got in missions and accidentally captured a creature that I didn't want. I can't make the pods yet and just want to know if there's a simple way to release the creature so I can capture the one I want.

2. Machofish

Machofish Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As far as I'm aware, there doesn't seem to be an option to 'reclaim' a capture pod by getting rid of the creature contained inside.
    One thing I will mention is that without a Pet Station, you won't be able to heal your pets, or access the 'Pet Tether' - meaning that any critters you capture won't be as usable for either combat or decoration until the healing and tether items are set up respectively.

Sollari and Zinerith like this.
  3. Sollari

Sollari Space Hobo

Ok, thanks for your help! I guess I'll have to deal with a bad pet until I get more capture pods. I hope that maybe Chucklefish will add a way to reclaim the pods as each one costs a diamond according to the wiki.

4. Codepuppy

Codepuppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There should really really be a mod for this o,o
    If anyone has any ideas, I'll help make one!
    (For now, I'll just throw the item in the garbage deleter, use cheats to spawn a new one, and pretend like the creature goes away happy instead of its mass-energy ceasing to exist in the universe X'D )

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

...why garbage them? SELL THEM. Filled pods earn Pixels. Every little bit...

Tlactl and Codepuppy like this.
  6. Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe some admin commands can help you with your problem.

Codepuppy likes this.
  7. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

you can redo missions for a chance at getting more capture pods, too