1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Is there a way to play this game without audio?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Little Lion Man, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man Intergalactic Tourist

Now, now, i know this may sound like a really stupid and/or weird question, but long history short, my girlfriend doesn't have audio on her laptop and won't have for a while.

This wouldn't be such a big problem if the game actually launched without audio on the PC. :cry:

So here is my question: Can you launch the game without a working audio device? In any way? Thank you.

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know about that specific situation, since I've never run into it, but you could look into software that installs virtual audio devices. (Perhaps some kind of patch-bay software for piping audio from one application to another for mixing together music.)

Failing that, you could see if anywhere near you sells something like this. (I actually keep a few on hand because, despite being cheap Chinese things, their microphone inputs are less noisy than every motherboard I've ever tried.)

• Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man Intergalactic Tourist

Man, thanks for the idea. I had totaly forgotten about a possibility for an Virtual Audio Device. Thank you! It's now working fine-ish for her. :p But it's something, definitely