REQUEST Is there a way to move the dog spot outside?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by akosi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. akosi

akosi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wanted to plant Penny a garden, and the best place for it was right next to the house, however the way I have it boxed in means my dog Bean Sprout is stuck to forever romp through it. Is it possible to move the dog spot somewhere else?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I'm pretty sure it's possible with tIDE. (Not completely sure, but seems doable) It's the properties of the underlaying tiles that 'tell the dog where to go' as far as I know. Are you using the default layout or tego/etc.? I'll take a look at the specifics. I haven't messed with it myself but I've seen some things done to that particular area. @taintedwheat may be able to shed some light on the matter, I only chimed in because I see it's gone unanswered but haven't had a chance to try it for myself.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
      • akosi

It's the original layout of the farm. Would you like me to upload my save (if it's possible)? Might make it easier for you to mess around with it.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

sorry, i did not see this.

yes, it's possible to move it with tIDE, the area. But the pet's location is hardcoded there. Especially because your spouse goes and "puts water" in the pet bowl. Every time you start the game the pet will spawn in a sleeping sprite position when you leave the house.

If you look at one of my mods I've made the pet area at least look nice and the ability to fill a second bowl with food.
          However I did not move the position for the reason I mentioned above.

Androxilogin likes this.
          • akosi

Darn, that's too bad. I guess my dog will forever run through the flowers xD

taintedwheat likes this.
            • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

That is a bummer :/ I was hopeful.
              I'm sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. You could always get the tego farm expansion for more space!