Modding Help Is there a way I could make-my-own crew member?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Peeptier, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Peeptier

Peeptier Big Damn Hero

There's this server that I was playing on, and my girlfriend was working real hard to get this one npc to ask to be a crew member. Unfortunately, the server went down/reset and she's upset - she really liked the lil' guy. I was wondering if there was a way I could make an npc that looks exactly like the npc with the exact same name?

Attached Files:

2. Derpyman890

Derpyman890 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could use the Create-A-Friend and Job Offers mods.

3. Peeptier

Peeptier Big Damn Hero

Both those mods are really nice, and she did try both of them, but they're still not quite what she needs. She basically wants a character-creation like when you create a new character, but for npcs.

If there's a way to mod a mod and make it spawn an exact copy, though, I'd love to hear about that!!

4. foxtails

foxtails Master Chief

Unique npc's can be spawned as a tenant. Look at furniture code that is used to spawn unique npc's. Has settings for clothes and race. Add and remove the tenent sign until it is same as your picture or modify code. Not played with ship npc code yet.

Check out the Saloon furniture set for themed npc's.
    http://starbounder.org/Tenant

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. Mirau

Mirau Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah - I can help you out as far as spawning your own unique NPCs, however I'm not 100% certain on facial features just yet,on account of I never tried modifying those.