Modding Discussion Is there a mod to skip the ENTIRE story?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Stormc12, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Stormc12

Stormc12 Orbital Explorer

Nobody likes playing through a story more than once, and the developers seem keen on forcing players to crawl painfully through it whenever they make a new character. Is there some sort of mod that can skip the ENTIRE story? Quickstart is horribly outdated. Nobody wants to input a load of admin commands, and even then, the /completequest command doesn't work at all now.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

After you beat the game the first time - the outpost will be fully unlocked.
    You don't need to beat the story the 2nd time.

Though if you want to fix your ship to skill the mining mission you can just do

/admin
    /spawnitem shipT2 1
    /admin

Then consume the ship upgrade item.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

That is objectively wrong. The only thing story related you really HAVE to do is the mission to get your FTL drive working. From there, you never have to touch the story again.

Seriously, why do people think the story is such a burden when you only need to be involved with it for a few minutes.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  4. Stormc12

Stormc12 Orbital Explorer

My question wasn't answered: I specifically asked if there is a mod to skip the entire story. I already know asking for a creative mode is too much from you people since you all are so fussy about it from past experience.

This doesn't apply when you are forced to make a new character thanks to a save system that doesn't load in backups of your characters. Thanks for that, Chucklefish.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Maybe if the people asking it weren't fussy about it.

Plus there used to be a "creative mode" mod though it has not been kept up.

You... can do it manually. The game makes 3 backups of your character and ship.

And as I said, you hardly even have to touch the story, so you are honestly complaining over nothing.

The | Suit likes this.
  6. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

It does, indeed, apply.

Supposing you unlock all shops in the Outpost on one character, any other character will visit the exact same Outpost as character 1.
    You can go crazy with your characters, (deleting, corrupting them, etc...) and the Outpost will remain the same, guaranteed.

The outpost progress is tied to your universe via universeflags, a shared medium between characters, so as long as you don't screw up your universe files, the Outpost will be constant.

Said mod does not exist to my knowledge.

(Possibly, just possibly, you think we might not be as enthusiastic because of people insulting us modders when we provide our stance on topics? Food for thought.)

lazarus78 and The | Suit like this.
  7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Heck you could just add "shipT2" to the starting treasure pools. Mad Tulip's ship mod does something nearly similar(but also made it a quest).