Modding Discussion Is there a mod to disable backgrounds?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Eleiber, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Eleiber

Eleiber Space Hobo

Hello, I've been playing Starbound for years, although I had to downgrade my PC to this one (and this GPU is pretty bad). And now my game is pretty lag, including on main menu (like 5fps). I noticed that when I get a error message (like the connection ones) in the main menu (and those errors don't have background) the FPS raise up to 40pfs approximately. I've tried a lot of mods to disable backgrounds and parallax images but none of them appear to be working. I'm using Starbound 1.4.1

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I can work on it, give me until Saturday and I think I should have it.

EDIT - added attachment. Try that out and let me know how it goes. It wont work on modded planets, but if you can tell me which planet adding mods you have, I can add them to it. I think it will only work on newly generated planets also

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Eleiber likes this.
  3. Eleiber

Eleiber Space Hobo

Thanks a lot for your interest :). I'll try it now. I'll let you know how it goes.

I tested it and it worked, although I'm still lagged at the spaceship and in the main menu (I think because of the stars), when I'm on a planet now, my FPS are in 25-30 (playable). From 5 fps to 30 is a really huge difference, and now I could at least play it. Thanks a lot. Don't you know anything else I could do to make it even faster?
    By the way, I don't have any other mods, I disabled them all to avoid conflicts between them, and also to make it work I removed my old universe folder (it didn't have anything on it).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2020
  4. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Try this. It gets rid of skies and boosts fps. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936034193&searchtext=less+sky