1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Starbound coming to PS4?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Violated, Dec 22, 2016.

1. meka2611

meka2611 Void-Bound Voyager

You rest your case for what?? That the company sucks at talking with their customers?? 1 year is not a damn update, that's an announcement. It's really not hard to write a quick blog post stating that it's 50% done or anything like that. I actually don't think they really care since they just focus on pc, which is good, but some of us hate gaming on pc. And like some others stated the PS4 version was announced years before the xbox version. The hype for a console release has died down and they are missing out on more money.

Pingeh and Boshed like this.
  2. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

I feel the console ports have been abandoned. Like abandon ware. But worse. I highhhhhly doubt it will even come to the PS Vita. The hand held is slated to be dead by 2019. I feel like they just don't want our money. After the whole steam release and multiple failure after failure to release on deadlines they themselves publicly announced. Add in they basically began working on alot of other games instead of finishing the one they started up and we'll... There you have it. Our situation with the company.

3. Raymond1991

Raymond1991 Phantasmal Quasar

Betting on E3 they will give us a date. Assuming the reason for taking so long is changing to controller a lot harder since lots of things need to be redone but I have faith in chuckle fish. Also maybe they adding mod support on consoles like fallout did then it would truly be worth the wait.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

4. ValeYard13

ValeYard13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apparently Xbox is coming sooner than later. Now, I'd prefer a Switch version lol. The port does seem to be taking a while. I mean it was announced for PS4 in the console's launch year. It's a shame. I would've loved to have been playing this with people on console.

5. Bas86

Bas86 Space Hobo

Starbound is one of those games that fits a console so well. Terraria was brilliant on PSVita and PS4 but could never get into it on PC. Now i can understand the Vita isn't going to happen anymore but a PS4 release, or even something like "DUDES IT'D BE COMING OUT EARLY 2019!" would've been great about now.

Right now there's nothing to go on and it's just very frustrating as a fan.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The XBox release is close, as they have stated. It would seem logical, barring any special Microsoft deal for exclusivity, that they would branch Starbound to the PS4, provided it sells well on the XBox, then they need only contract the company currently doing the port to adapt the game for PS4, which would be relatively easy at that point.

Id wager there is a good chance that PS4 will happen given what we know of the XBox version's progress.