Modding Help Is it possible to give different parts of an object different renderLayers?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraikNova, Mar 17, 2018.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Okay, so I'm trying to make an object that represents part of a covered bridge, and as such, I'm trying to make the pngs for the metal on the camera-facing edge of the bridge, along with the png for the glass, render in front of the player, using "renderLayer": "player+1" in each of the orientations blocks. However, I also want the png for the metal on the edge that's away from the camera to be rendered behind the player, rather than in front. How would I go about achieving this, or is it impossible (short of making a separate object without collision that can be placed overlapping with the one that renders in front)?

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Not sure it will work, but try this.

In the orientations, set "renderLayer" : "Player"
    Make the object have 2 parts in "animationParts"
    In your .animation file, set properties for one part to have "zLevel" : -1 and the other "zLevel" : 1

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I tried it. Doesn't work. Also doesn't work if you try and put renderLayer in the .animation file (with or without any renderlayer defined in the orientations). Guess I'll just have to make a separate object that overlaps collision-wise but has a different renderLayer.