REQUEST Is It Possible To Combine XNB Files?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by A Bloodied Rose, Nov 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. A Bloodied Rose

A Bloodied Rose Lucky Number 13

Hello, was sorta curious, does anyone know how to combine XNB files? There's two hair mods I use that are on the Nexus, the More Hairstyles on by Pencilstab and Karina's Long Hair by Karina. I use them for two characters, so when I feel like playing one character, I have to switch the XNB file to play them, else I have the wrong hair on one character.

I have no idea how to combine them, so either a guide or someone being able to lend a hand would be appreciated! I just wanna be able to play my two characters without doing that extra step.

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

It's not hard if you can use Photoshop/GIMP.

1) Unpack both hairstyles.xnb files in different folders. You'll get 2 sets of haistyles.png + haistyles.yaml
      2) Open one of the png files in the graphics editor
      3) Expand canvas in the vertical dimension to accommodate for new hairstyles. I haven't checked how the game parses graphics resources, so it would be better to add multiples of 32px.
      4) Add new hairtyles from 2nd png as a new layer and adjust their position.
      5) Save the resulting image as a new hairstyles.png file.
      6) Put it in the separate folder together with one of the .yaml files and pack them into .xnb using the same tool you used for unpacking.

The attached file can help with adjusting positions of hairstyles to match their respective "boxes" if you use it as a half-transparent layer. Just don't forget to make invisible when saving image.

Attached Files:

• MasterslilWolfe

MasterslilWolfe Void-Bound Voyager

Does this work with furniture too? Like will it add in all the furniture if I combine the .xnb files?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@MasterslilWolfe It will work. I'm not sure if it would work if you add in extra furniture, as I've not done that myself, but if you combine sheets and replace what you don't want, then yes.

• Galaxie

Galaxie Intergalactic Tourist

How do you unpack an .xnb file?

• KeziaKezzy

KeziaKezzy Space Hobo

how do i combine shirts ive been trying to combine missy shirts with another set of shirts but in game the shirts will always be shifted how to i fix this