Modding Help Is it possible to change "statusEffect" animation parameters via Starcheat?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Valsharaltessem, Jun 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Valsharaltessem

Valsharaltessem Big Damn Hero

As in question above, but now I'm going to tell you people a bit more about my struggle.

I wanted to make server-friendly modification for item in backslot with a statusEffect of mining hat, so i tried adding (easiest thing I could think of):

statusEffects: ["headlamp"]

animation:
    {
    "lights":
    {
    "glow":
    {
    "color" : [250,30,30]​
    }​
    "beam":
    {
    "color" : [250,30,30]​
    }​
    }
    }​

But with no effort with that solution and every other, more complicated than previous one. I could write few A4 pages full of code of things that I tried to change animation parameters of headlamp.animation without changing file and I'm starting to doubt that it's even possible. Probably it is but I can't find a way to make it work.

With flashlight it's not a problem, but probably issue is that mininghat.head file isn't refering to headlamp.animation directly but through headlamp.statuseffect file.

Maybe someone here had simliar problem in the past?

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Starcheat, that ik of, has not been updated since beta, so you shouldn't b able to use it

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I was thinking someone said it had a working build out there somewhere. I have no idea where though.

I'm curious if anything can work with 1.3 and if it will accept inventory/action bar mods.

4. TheElderScroller

TheElderScroller Pangalactic Porcupine

There is a nightly build of starcheat, which works with 1.3. If you go to the github you should find the link.

And I currently can't answer your actual question.

5. Valsharaltessem

Valsharaltessem Big Damn Hero

Yes, Starcheat is working for me, I managed to add statusEffects to different items and replace textures within animations but that problem I have I couldn't solve for now.