1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is is possible to warp the ship to a celestialworld?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LiS33, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LiS33

LiS33 Void-Bound Voyager

As the title says, is it possible to use the /warp command to warp the ship's location? I know you can warp the player but I haven't had any luck with warping the ship in its entirety. For context, I want to have me and my friend exist within the same solar system during our playthrough. I know that I can just warp to their ship and warp down from there, but I was wondering if I could make it more convenient for us.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussions, the social subsection is not for any games that have their own dedicated section here. Please mind where you're posting in the future.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Why not just give your friend your ship's coordinate?

4. LiS33

LiS33 Void-Bound Voyager

Like I said, I know that you can warp the player. I'm simply wondering if it's possible to warp the ship as well, and not just the player, as It would make things much more convenient being in the same solar system

5. Daikon Ocelot

Well, yeah, by using your ship's current coordinate, your friend can search your ship's location in the universe using his navigation console. Therefore, after he successfully locate the solar system your ship in, he can then direct his ship there using a hyper jump. And done, your friend's ship and your ship is in one solar system.

Below are the things I meant, just in case if you don't know.

Navigation Console
    [​IMG]
    This is the navigation console. You can open it by sitting on your "Captain's Chair."

If you click the button with the "+" symbol on the top left of the window, you'll open your coordinate box (picture below). There you can find your ship's coordinate.

Coordinate Box
    [​IMG]
    Your friend will need to enter your ship's coordinate found in your coordinate box in his coordinate box, then simply click the "GO" button. After that the navigation console will search that coordinate, and your friend can travel there (with his ship of course).

Nice and easy. :nurucool:

6. LiS33

LiS33 Void-Bound Voyager

*Smacks forehead* you mean to tell me that traveling to *any* coordinate in the system can be done instantly through a hyper jump? I always thought that it takes longer + more fuel the further away it is. Thanks for the info

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  7. Daikon Ocelot

Yes. You can travel to any solar system you want using the hyper jump, the solar system around your current solar system or the far away solar system that your ship navigation does not show yet (you may need a coordinate for this one). In the Vanilla, despite how long the distance you travel, it always uses the same amount of fuel (well, you can always decrease the amount of fuel needed by having the Mechanic crew in your ship).